• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WESTFALIA PROJECT CAMPER £3600

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VDUBDUMMY

Reaction score
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1537198" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1972 Westfalia Pop Top Project In Norwich Uk Price: £3600
PROJECT PRICE .............

I am trimming down my fleet of 20 campervans ,and selling some solid projects .
First up is a 1972 Westy poptop , in Pastel White , in mostly original paint , and original interior .
Heres a link to the mcodes , which will give you all the info needed ... http://vw-mplate.com/mcode.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Basically heres the mcode details ......

Pastel white , LHD drive , Campmobile Westfalia SO 70/72 , destination from factory = Boston Baltimore , type 4 engine 1700 cc , production date thursday June 1972 , ( so will be tax exempt ) , manual 4 speed gearbox .

Ok I got this in from Texas last year to help my buddy clear his yard , he was getting a little full .
I had intentions to restore , but since have been overwelmed with work so am letting it go ... as a project .

I have pulled it from the barn today and took a few pictures , and will be crawling underneath to check out the chassis , wiring , steering etc tomorrow .

I have the title , and 386 customs paid form in hand .

A quick look round today , and it has a full camping interior inc ....3/4 rock n roll bed , wardrobe , table , ice box , and buddy seat , and upstairs pull out bed .
It needs an upstairs pop top canvas and rubbers etc .

A FRONT BUMPER WILL BE INCLUDED ..

There is NO engine , but has the gearbox still there , looks like it will need a fuseboard also .
It will need 4 x tyres , brakes will need recommisioning etc etc ....

Very solid project , needing some dents pushing out to the front etc .. nothing a experienced body man cant cope with .
Heres a link to 200 pictures ..
http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/buzzter_2006/WHITE%20WESTY%201972%20JOHN%20and%20BARRY/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ok spent a couple of hours on this bus this morning , and have taken over 200 pictures of every area .
Basically I cant find any welding to talk of , the body work is rot free , the floors front need a tiny area addressed , just under the drivers feet its just got a few pin holes .. the cargo floor , I pulled the rotten ply up to check out condition , it has the usual rust bubbles but no rot , the battery tray and parcel tray are solid too , which is unusual , the inner sills , main chassis , front chassis , top hats , outriggers and inner front valance are all solid and require NO welding .
Under the windscreen is not rotten and requires no welding .

Brakes have a pedal , and handbrake pulls on , the servo is present etc .

The wiring is there but no fuse board , .. all dash switches present , as is the complete speedo , vent / heat switches prestent .

The windscreen is a brown top tinted screen , uncracked but slight bloom to the lower screen ... an nice tinted screen is hard to find .

Indicator stalk needs the correct one sourced .

Crank window on N/S needs replacing .

Needs a clutch pedal and gear shift .

Roof has a couple of areas of wood which have rotted , I have always found these an easy repair ... support hinges etc are in good condition . Obviously needs a new canvas !
Upstairs bunkbed needs a canvas also .
The rear roof rack needs a fibre glass repair , otherwise is ok .

The cabinets are all there and need a good scrub etc , but all function ok , the bed , table , wardrobe etc . they all need new handles .
I also have the side spice rack whick screws to the ice box .

Front seats are present , inc the pass one , although not pictured .

ONE KEY VAN ... KEY FITS IGNITION AND ALL DOOR LOCKS .. KEY PRESENT .

Rough delivery costs from Norwich .... London £140 , Birmingham £170 , Manchester £220 etc etc ...

More pictures tomorrow , heres a few I took today before my batteries died .
Van is located near Norwich airport , and can be viewed any time .
Heres my number to discuss 07905259866
Delivery can be arranged anywhere in the uk , just ask for a price .
cheers
Baz

008_zps6ebc47d1.jpg

007_zpsef458737.jpg

012_zpsb2b6a636.jpg

015_zps74426123.jpg

189-Copy_zps11487243.jpg

If this is still for sale dude how much to bring it to Braintree Essex?

Yes I still have it , to be honest I havnt really pushed the sale of it .
I can get it to Braintree for around £80
Cheers Barry

Yes Marcher still there. I cant believe it. Neither barry or I have really tried to hard to sell it and it does not eat much or poo on the ground d o it just sits in the barn. Someday someone will get up off there lazy but go look at it in person and realize how dry of a bus this is.
John in texas

cheers John,

I have a friend of mine who is after a camper/project. Will pass on yours and Barry's details

Cheers Matt

I a looking for a nose for this bus. I am only guessing that you guys are afraid of the nose damage. Like I said before if someone would go look at this bus they would see the nose can easily be pushed out and fixed. A LOT easier that clipping it but if that's what it takes to make someone think that it needs a nose fine.
I owned a body shop and did metal work for 18 years I know what I am talking about. I might put a nose skin on the bus if its cheap and available but I know with a days work this nose could easily be saved without a ton of bondo. Yes it would be skimmed across the bootm half but if done right should be thin enough to almost see through. Saving a panel with a thin coat of bondo is better than cutting open a factory seam and day of the week.
Let me know at least what is keeping you guys from snapping up this bus? just curious..pm me please

How about a best price of £3400 ?
If not I will build it , this van apart from the big dent to the nose , needs pretty much zero welding !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts