Westfalia top bed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g3gsb

Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone know how to support the top bed end piece on a westfalia? Got the bed out today and I think I'm a support missing photos attached
48a2a94a26518d07b2866c888f613dcd.jpg
37c0847661f501085c500e8520d4f9b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, you are missing the metal bracket that holds it up, it's the part at the top of attached picture, it bolts on to the roof of the van I front of the aluminium strip that holds the poptop canvas down. It the hinges up a little to allow the head board past then push it down again and the head board rests of the tails of it that stick out.
244796aac80d9e69a9b9c435f80a1a8e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I thought I was something missing. Thanks for the info Sam [emoji106]

Don't suppose you have a part number for it do you?

No sorry I don't, my kit came from Jon Faux who was/is on the forum.
He made a replica of the bed that was slightly adapted to work in the early bay, you could try sending him a PM.

I fitted on of these to an early bay a few weeks ago, there wasn't enough room for the hinge that hold the headboard up between the roof canvas and the roof edge, how big is that on
Yours ?

*Sam* said:
No sorry I don't, my kit came from Jon Faux who was/is on the forum.
He made a replica of the bed that was slightly adapted to work in the early bay, you could try sending him a PM.

Yes please Sam if you don't mind.

davidoft said:
I fitted on of these to an early bay a few weeks ago, there wasn't enough room for the hinge that hold the headboard up between the roof canvas and the roof edge, how big is that on
Yours ?

I can try and get a pic tomorrow morning if that helps.

Yes that's the bit I need.

Does anyone know the dimensions of this part? I've got some steel rod at work that I can use to knock one up.

Latest posts