Westfalia Trailer, before and after...........

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello guys, I did have a hankering for one of these but just curious for the dimensions of the box at the mo if anyone can assist... :wink:

Hi Araon,

The approximate dimesions of the box are 1200x900x400mm (LxWxH) with an overall width of 1400mm to the outside of the wheel frames.

cheers for that.....missed out on a couple of trailers on ebay today :? bizzare since the guy only sent me the link today....

OK trailer queens out there, whats a good price to pay for a trailer in need of restoring but in very good condition and useable now...

I have the chance on 2 one with lid and surround, one without but with cover....

one of the hinges is shagged/missing on the lidded and a minor issue with the mudgaurd on another....

Help appreciated

I probably paid a bit over the odds for mine at £299, it was generally solid but still requiring some work to tart it up (strip down, paint and new rivets). I have seen some going for £450 with the lid and over £700 for ones with the top frame & canopy. Sometimes if you want something you just have to go for it. I just looked at the cost and quality of a new one and the decision was made.

Mine didn't have a lid, but I am in the process of making one to near OG spec. Hinges are quite easy to make.

One word of warning though, check the condition of the suspension elastomers. These are about £100 per pair :shock:

Cheers for that, I actually favour the one without lid myself, and hes asking what seems a lot need to view and try and knock him down....

may see if he'll do a deal on two then try and pass one on :?

I paid £450 for mine with lid and 'W' rack. Ones without the lid were going for around £350. As said before, depends on condition, especially the suspension. Also check the front panel isn't coming apart. I've seen a few like this, guess it gets the worst of the wet.
Also look out for ones with tall hoops and cover

Oh, and don't varnish them, they need teak oil.

Araon said:
I have the chance on 2 one with lid and surround, one without but with cover....

one of the hinges is shagged/missing on the lidded and a minor issue with the mudgaurd on another....

Can you get pics?
Does the lid have the 'W' rack and would he sell it seperate?

cheers!

Cali_bay said:

One word of warning though, check the condition of the suspension elastomers. These are about £100 per pair :shock:

Where do you buy these from? Mine need replacing.

DSC00111.jpg

Paid £80 for it about 4 yrs ago. Knows its own way to Perranporth!

http://www.4-flight.co.uk/westfalia-parts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Been busy again today with mine.......... afew of before and after photos to add to the thread. It took me 3 hours with my grinder :roll: :?
Painting tomorrow :D :)

P1000284.jpg

P1000288.jpg

P1000283.jpg

P1000286.jpg

Latest posts