Westy interior stuff....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popcorn balls

Reaction score
Firstly, furniture trim. I know the 'T' edge trim is available from Chewie baker on SSVC, but what about the other trim that goes around each door - is this available anywhere?

Secondly, has anyone definitely sorted out replacement interior ply. The usual Birch ply that most people use doesn't have the same white-ish look of the original. Is a near exact match available, or is there a treatment/stain you can use to 'bleach' normal ply?

popcorn balls said:
Firstly, furniture trim. I know the 'T' edge trim is available from Chewie baker on SSVC, but what about the other trim that goes around each door - is this available anywhere?

Secondly, has anyone definitely sorted out replacement interior ply. The usual Birch ply that most people use doesn't have the same white-ish look of the original. Is a near exact match available, or is there a treatment/stain you can use to 'bleach' normal ply?

I am sure something like this would do:

http://www.minwax.com/products/wood_stains/water_based_wood_stain.html#Colors" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or how about trying some diy whitewash - watered down paint of your choice, and a gloss or matt varnish?

Cheers!

Alistair

The pickling stain looks good, can't see any uk suppliers though, but sure something similar is available.

Chris i have made a ply headliner for my Panel van out of birch ply and will be varnishing it to suit my taste , i have some off cuts left, If you want to PM me your address ill pop a bit in post with the suppliers name so you can check colour

popcorn balls said:

We have both the ply is £15 per sheet, as for edging we do have this as but at the moment we don't sell it , we only have a limited supply so we only use it if we are re-laminating the cabinets for customers. Check out Big rich's when we get it finished :D

Were only in Doncaster so you can give steve a ring if you want 07714317693

Latest posts