• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WESTY poptop , project £3900

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VDUBDUMMY

Reaction score
PROJECT PRICE £3900 ROCK BOTTOM PRICE
WILL ALSO SELL FOR £3600 WITHOUT THE INTERIOR CABINETS , ie bed , ice box , wardrobe , overhead cab , buddy seat , table , spice rack and ice box .

I have a front bumper for the van ..

I am trimming down my fleet of 20 campervans ,and selling some solid projects .
First up is a 1972 Westy poptop , in Pastel White , in mostly original paint , and original interior .
Heres a link to the mcodes , which will give you all the info needed ... http://vw-mplate.com/mcode.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Basically heres the mcode details ......

Pastel white , LHD drive , Campmobile Westfalia SO 70/72 , destination from factory = Boston Baltimore , type 4 engine 1700 cc , production date thursday June 1972 , ( so will be tax exempt ) , manual 4 speed gearbox .

Ok I got this in from Texas last year to help my buddy clear his yard , he was getting a little full .
I had intentions to restore , but since have been overwelmed with work so am letting it go ... as a project .

I have pulled it from the barn today and took a few pictures , and will be crawling underneath to check out the chassis , wiring , steering etc tomorrow .

I have the title , and 386 customs paid form in hand .

A quick look round today , and it has a full camping interior inc ....3/4 rock n roll bed , wardrobe , table , ice box , and buddy seat , and upstairs pull out bed .
It needs an upstairs pop top canvas and rubbers etc .
There is NO engine , but has the gearbox still there , looks like it will need a fuseboard also .
It will need 4 x tyres , brakes will need recommisioning etc etc ....

Very solid project , needing some dents pushing out to the front etc .. nothing a experienced body man cant cope with .

More pictures tomorrow , heres a few I took today before my batteries died .

007_zps94fc42d1.jpg

011_zpsdf8cccc2.jpg

014_zps2abeb88d.jpg

Van is located near Norwich airport , and can be viewed any time .
Heres my number to discuss 07905259866
Delivery can be arranged anywhere in the uk , just ask for a price .
cheers
Baz

Replied to you mate ,
Full descriptions and lots of pictures will be added in the morning .
Cheers
Baz

Ok spent a couple of hours on this bus this morning , and have taken over 200 pictures of every area .
Basically I cant find any welding to talk of , the body work is rot free , the floors front need a tiny area addressed , just under the drivers feet its just got a few pin holes .. the cargo floor , I pulled the rotten ply up to check out condition , it has the usual rust bubbles but no rot , the battery tray and parcel tray are solid too , which is unusual , the inner sills , main chassis , front chassis , top hats , outriggers and inner front valance are all solid and require NO welding .
Under the windscreen is not rotten and requires no welding .

Brakes have a pedal , and handbrake pulls on , the servo is present etc .

The wiring is there but no fuse board , .. all dash switches present , as is the complete speedo , vent / heat switches prestent .

The windscreen is a brown top tinted screen , uncracked but slight bloom to the lower screen ... an nice tinted screen is hard to find .

Indicator stalk needs the correct on supplied .

Crank window on N/S needs replacing , I have one I can let go with the bus .

Needs a clutch pedal and gear shift , again I have ones I can let go with the bus .

Roof has a couple of areas of wood which have rotted , I have always found these an easy repair ... support hinges etc are in good condition . Obviously needs a new canvas !
Upstairs bunkbed needs a canvas also .
The rear roof rack needs a fibre glass repair , otherwise is ok .

The cabinets are all there and need a good scrub etc , but all function ok , the bed , table , wardrobe etc . they all need new handles .
I also have the side spice rack whick screews to the ice box .

Front seats are present , inc the pass one , although not pictured .

ONE KEY VAN ... KEY FITS IGNITION AND ALL DOOR LOCKS .. KEY PRESENT .

Rough delivery costs from Norwich .... London £120 , Birmingham £150 , Manchester £200 etc etc ...

Ok heres a link to 200 + pictures taken today ...

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/buzzter_2006/WHITE%20WESTY%201972%20JOHN%20and%20BARRY/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Call me on 07905259866 if you want to discuss ..
Cheers Baz

Its not as bad as it looks ... ready to take an offer , I wont be offended ..

Hi buyers ,,I am the guy that gave this bus to Barry to sell

IT is his bus and his deal!!! only sold by Barry..I have nothing to do with this sale anymore.

Now that thats out of the way give this bus a good look!!! Look past that nose that CAN be fixed ..Honestly the only reason I sent this to him is its because it LOOKS bad! Saying that sounds weird but! there is a reason,, IT LOOKS BAD IN PICTURES ,BUT it is a very very solid and a good bus to restore. I SENT IT OVER TO BARRY SO YOU GUYS COULD SEE IT IN PERSON> go check it out its really a good candidate and priced fairly.
Just need the right person to get off there butt and go look at it with there own eyes. They will get a good deal .
john in texas

any interest to you??

http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/Splitstop63/media/176_zps2953c18f.jpg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

advertised in the swops section No worries if Not Kind regards Nick

Thanks for the offer , but we need a straight sale on this one , if I had a deal I would still need to sell the caddy .

Cheap van , as John says looks a little worse than it really is .

TEXASWESTY said:
Thanks for the offer , but we need a straight sale on this one , if I had a deal I would still need to sell the caddy .

Cheap van , as John says looks a little worse than it really is .

No Worries and Good Luck with Sale 8) I Love it the way it is :lol:

Looking to sell this pretty much solid van , John will be coming over from Texas and standing at this years VW WHITENOISE ..
http://vwwhitenoise.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If we haven't sold it before we will be taking it there and you can have a good look round it .....

Cheers
Baz

Now loaded the van ready to bring to http://vwwhitenoise.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , its full of parts direct from Texas , come and see John and myself next to the information point at the show , you cant miss us !!!!

photo1_zpsa47ca30f.jpg

Hi.

Just dipping my toe in the water here but... What would say £5k get me? Just so I've got some idea what's out there..

Cheers.

Phil

Photophil said:
Hi.

Just dipping my toe in the water here but... What would say £5k get me? Just so I've got some idea what's out there..

Cheers.

Phil

It would get you a nice project , a solid base to bring on , See here on my web ....
http://thelonestarvw.com/baywindow-for-sale" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers .

Latest posts