westy trailers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty Lee

Reaction score
how many peeps got them there seem to be loads at the shows but never any for sale.are they all the same or different.

Im looking too, very thin on the ground!

There are hard tops with a hinged lid and the westy rails like the roofracks have, then there are the open type. Thats basically my knowledge on the subject :lol: Oh i also know they are even rarer in Belgium!

Just

http://www.ebay.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you will find one there, but its a long old drive.

sorry peeps i do have one i just wondered how mant peeps got one mines been sat in the corner for months my good friend mr faux found mine its a beauty just hope i use it one day

Rusty Lee said:
sorry peeps i do have one i just wondered how mant peeps got one mines been sat in the corner for months my good friend mr faux found mine its a beauty just hope i use it one day

Or you could sell it to me and ill use it for you :lol:

Just

Ive got this old thing knocking around someplace. Who would have thought they are hard to come by. :lol:

DSCF3131.jpg

2AFTER.jpg

Got it afew years ago at Vanfest, and found the roof rack which was missing in a celler near Liverpool/Manchester. Spent quite alot of money getting it to this state but its in A1 condition now.

I would say when looking condition is everything but dont pay over the odds as they do crop up for £200/£250 if you look in the right places. They can be found in Germany for less than 100Euros but most of the traders snap these up and have people to collect them. Have a look on line before you set off on holiday to europe and you might be lucky. The reason they are cheap in Germany is because they have to pass a MOT and most people are happy to just go out and buy a new alloy one. Happy hunting.

wow clyde i like that alot.i didnt realise they had trailer inspection/mot in germany but it sounds a good idea ive seen some right recks behind some cars over here i end up backing off they look that ropey.

Rusty Lee said:
what year is your trailer mate

Mines considered a later one i think (72-74ish i think) I dont quite know how to age them. I know the earlier ones have the rails rather than the rack and are a paler wood. Some come with just a tarp and aothers with a high frame and tarp. The only wish i have is that it had a drop down tail gate. You can get thses but only on the slightly larger trailers i think.
J

Mine is a late 60's early 70's one due to the light wood and round metal bar stands at the back:

IMG_0311.jpg
Metal tie downs and a different socket holder.

I had a slightly later one before but sold it:

P241008_0853.jpg

The early trailers have the rubber suspension more at the back of the trailing arm.
And instead of a sticker they have a oval westfalia badge.
3109241.jpg

Here ours.

Got mine from an old lady around the corner from home. She wanted to buy a bigger one to pull behind her new Landrover :shock: :shock:
She almost gave it to me :p :p

P1000533.jpg

P1000528.jpg

Have a look at this thread about them....
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=11064" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dirty Harry said:
The early trailers have the rubber suspension more at the back of the trailing arm.
And instead of a sticker they have a oval westfalia badge.
3109241.jpg
Now I like that. Definately older than mine. Cool

creationblue said:
Nice trailor Harry, whats the supply for these like in the Netherlands?

Just

This is not mine i think the one in the picture is a 1968 and i got a 1970.
There are plenty in Germany and for very nice prices but sometimes it is to far to drive, i got mine from ebay.de for 90 euros it is the one with the pale wood,white frame, and steel fenders and it was in a very good shape.

Dirty Harry said:
creationblue said:
Nice trailor Harry, whats the supply for these like in the Netherlands?

Just

This is not mine i think the one in the picture is a 1968 and i got a 1970.
There are plenty in Germany and for very nice prices but sometimes it is to far to drive, i got mine from ebay.de for 90 euros it is the one with the pale wood,white frame, and steel fenders and it was in a very good shape.

I have flown to Germany to drive back cars in the past........not sure its worth travelling over for a trailor tho..............

Nice work with the trailors lads

Just

Latest posts