Westy window seal replacement

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve92

Reaction score
Have started stripping my westy windows today. Have a seal kit from c&c. have replaced some of the seals with the T slots fine, but how the bloody hell do you get the seals to fit round the glass. have tried several ways now but not getting anywhere! anybody tried it?

Hey,,, sounds like good fun, when I did mine, I ended up calling in a professional to pop them back in for me. Just getting the glass in the rubbers was great fun, and so much more enjoyable when two or three peeps are helping. Bending the rubber back on itself seemed to be the trick that the pro (mate named Pickles, :lol: ) used . Then using a silicone nozzle in the groove to keep it apart as he slapped it in. Also used the nozzle to get the cord into the other "slit / slot" to plonk it back into the window aperture. Took four of us including "Pickles" a good couple of hours to re glaze two windows and a screen , took me all day on my own to do " ZERO " . The only thing I achieved was ,, most knuckles bleeding, blood stains on the bus,, blood stains on the glass,, blood stains on me ,, blood stains on my clothes,, blood trail from garage to kitchen and back. Bruised hands, very tired, very pissed off,, and talk about LOW ESTEEM,,, :lol: . It`s not a job that you can do just straight out of the box, but hey give it a go, but take a picture of your pristine knuckles first. :shock: :lol: :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Good luck,,(photos please),, :lol: 8) :lol:

It's got to be one of the worst jobs I have done on the bus. :evil:

I used some soap solution, lots of taking it apart again and again and a fair amount of swearing.

Don't want to do it again in a hurry.

ok steve done one of mine whs^^^ took me about 15 hours
its tight but it will fit,then its putting it back in .

i think the glass will end up pocking through the rubber on the corners

when putting it back in the alli bits you need to push the edge of the rubber along the
frame with somthing that is flat and not sharp,it will get there in the end :?

i didnt get to finnish the second one :lol:

Don't use soapy water it does something to the paint, can't remember what but a mate with his own business told me not to use it

cheers for the tips so far chaps! will have another go at weekend. wish I hadn't started now! :lol:

ianscooby said:
Don't use soapy water it does something to the paint, can't remember what but a mate with his own business told me not to use it

I only used in on the ali glass surrounds, heard the same about soap (certainly washing up liquid) and paint. I think it contains salt or something like that?

Latest posts