What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did some tidying up (i.e. empty out the crap from the inside of my bus), and dinitrolled the window recesses ready to u/coat and spray before refitting the windows, also got rid of some black sticky pad from the front and rear where someone had stuck some reflectors on.

Went for a 20 mile drive searching for lpg :shock: then find my clutch is adjusted too much doh! Have to set alarm for 7am so i can get it sorted, off to wales at 9.30 for datc :mrgreen:

Getting ready for Dubs At The Castle :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Should be there just after lunch, and firing the barby about four. We have a secret plan for the barby this time, will report back if it works :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Wooooooooo Hoooooooooo !!!!!!!! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Bus passed Mot start packing for Dubs at the Castle :D
416025_3804978235425_826799520_o.jpg

I opened up a selection of parcels

Bulk head ccards to match my interior
buddy seat cushion
door seals for front doors
seal for sliding door
seals for west windows
Front window winder mechs
dizzy with electronic points
Csp disk brake kit

Only fitted one door seal, sliding door seal and front winder mech today

Bwuttonmoon said:
Fitted new front shocks, waxoyled the underside...

Fitted these...

Then this...
]

Wow, your rack and ladder look awesome. Nice and shiney!! :D I knew one could buy a rack new, but didn't know ladders were available, or did you just refinish a used one?

Also, where did you find a cover big enough? :shock:

justcruzin said:
Bwuttonmoon said:
Fitted new front shocks, waxoyled the underside...

Fitted these...

Then this...
]

Wow, your rack and ladder look awesome. Nice and shiney!! :D I knew one could buy a rack new, but didn't know ladders were available, or did you just refinish a used one?

Also, where did you find a cover big enough? :shock:

I bought the rack and ladder up second hand but they were purchased from creative engineering, a few other places do them too VW heritage I think.
I also picked up a 2 bow one yesterday for the front :mrgreen:

The cover is a http://www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk/ one. I was told it would fit over the roof racks but didnt expect it to be THAT big.. it seems a nice piece of kit tho.

Spent about 3 hours trying to re-assemble my sliding door lock after I took it apart to fix it. Grease, vinyl gloves and springs don't work very well together!

Very sorry if the kids playing in the street learnt new swear words!

Refitted my o/side driveshaft, headlamps, stalk switch :) and tried to get the engine running smoothly, to no avail :cry:
Also sanded down some surface rust in the rear cargo area and rust-proofed it.

Spent the day with a bunch of cable and my new terminal pliers (whatever they are called)

First job oil temp and pressure gauges from my old Audi
71Deluxe064.jpg

Next up was my new reversing light and matching rear fog, total bargain at £19 each compared to the Hella ones (need to take the bumper of to bolt in properly) :(
71Deluxe062.jpg

71Deluxe063.jpg

Next up was my Leisure battery set up (needs tidying as i just wanted to get it in and working 1st)
71Deluxe066.jpg

Finally fitted a pair of old spots, 1 fog linked to the back one, 1 spot. Using the interior light dash switch and a spare i had as the rear interior light will now be fed from the leisure battery
71Deluxe067.jpg

Few more wiring jobs planned for tomorrow: 12v secondary fusebox, sort out the rear light wiring as its all one colour (indicators, brake, side etc) and put illuminated front markers in the doors, and a 52mm tach mounted on the steering column (thanks Dirty Harry)

saturday fitted the engine and box back in, as well as new rear side markers and also some new front rims, and then sunday missions to collect my new toy from the new forest!

3618_10151966693690444_931324523_n.jpg

Latest posts