What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dropped off our neighbours daughter (and friends) at their school prom tonight. Although it was a favour for the neighbour, I was quite worried in the lead up to it incase of any unscheduled stops ;-). But after cruising around the town for 20-25 mins we pulled up to crowds of a few hundred! Hope Daisy stood out from the crowds a bit, if nothing else for not being a limo or hummer.
sa2ega7a.jpg

Not the best pic, especially with the limo stealing the lime light but you get the idea.

I did a test fit of my cb antenna to see roughly how high it will be once installed.

See the orange ball in the trees? Looks to be about 3-4 feet above the top. Still need to add the spring to it so that will raise it another 4" .

from the weekend;
went to the Dent music festival and spoke to a couple of guys with earlybays including this one

its an old German ambulance still has working blue light and two one horn!

On the way home;

Denthead viaduct

Not a lot as my engine is in bits at my mates
But on the flip side he lent me this while it gets done

null_zps548d1de8.jpg

Bonus

I've been moving furniture with Frod. I've always been torn between turning my bus into a full on camper and being able to fit a complete three piece in it. I like surprising people by showing how versatile an early bay can be. We got a high backed sofa and it's matching chairs in it today in one go.

Bodged my alternator and cut down a brand new top pulley so I can get to Waddington airshow this weekend and camp for the weekend.
Fingers crossed the woodruff key will hold whilst I sort out a replacement alternator.
Engine out jobbie I have been assured!!

Alternator will be supplied by Peter Good of http://www.volksgoods.co.uk/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Done a better thing than waving at a fellow v-dubber today... Whist crawling along in traffic coming back from Camber Sands another EarlyBayer was approaching, he was ready to wave hand out of the window, after waving to my mate in front of me, so I took advantage......
And High Fived him hahaha! 8)

Heebee_GB said:
Mark6455 said:

null_zps548d1de8.jpg

Bonus

Cool notch Mark! Who's is it?

Not mine unfortunately Gaz it's Neil's from uplands motors
I love it your sitting nice and low and is fast as f##k :D

Just came back from the Gower Peninsula after a fantastic weekend of bodyboarding and bbqing even the dog Dave caught two waves and rode them better than me without falling off,well chuffed the missus got a couple pics of it so when i get chance i'll put them up.

Van performed faultlessly with all the stuff taken even the roof rack was full and hill climbing was down to 30mph in 3rd for about 3 miles but the dipstick test was not possible yet i was hitting 55mph on the flat easily so can't be timing out? and the engine didn't smell like it was cooking.

Regards.

Sharky.

Mark6455 said:
Heebee_GB said:
Mark6455 said:

null_zps548d1de8.jpg

Bonus

Cool notch Mark! Who's is it?

Not mine unfortunately Gaz it's Neil's from uplands motors
I love it your sitting nice and low and is fast as f##k :D

Me too bud. Always wanted a notch. 8)

Went to Glastonbury festival in Bee formerly known as Kate Moss (the velvet green turret :), took her on to Heathrow and left her in the long stay car park after being checked out by the police for daring to wait outside terminal 3 in her... then a night down Green Common Lane in a lay-by free camping nice! Then back to Poole, phew now i've got a ton of things to fix....

20130625_130911_zpse1249356.jpg

bee-green-lane-med_zps8c46952f.jpg

Today I put my painted pieces back on the motor we will be putting into my bus.

It is the 1776 that we had in my 64 bus. We have a "built up" 1776 that we will be putting in it. I just never liked it because it didn't want to idle right with only running one carb. Hubby doesn't like dual carbs so the motor just sat upstairs for years. We decided it would save us money to do the swap and that way I would have a nice running 1776 for my bus and since I don't drive the 64 to often, I could deal with the idle thing for now. If all else fails, I can always put the 1600 in the 64 if I just don't want to deal with the idle issue. Hubby wants to drive the 64 for a trip we are planning in August so for now the built 1776 will be in it. Maybe by the time we get back from the trip and him having to deal with it not idleing at lights and any kind of stops, he will decide to run a bigger carb. LOL

ozziedog said:
Made for twin carbs :mrgreen: Looks good though Kim :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, pop along a bit betterer :lol: ;) :lol:

Yah, it probably should have dual carbs, but this is a stock (per say)1776. Nothing special as far as cam or crank and all. It has been running great on a single carb for years. Just pulled it out of the 64 bus to put in my westy. We put the "built" 1776 in the 64. It has a counter balanced crank ( I think that is what it is called) and a bigger cam ( not sure what size but hubby knows). It definitely needs dual carbs or at least a double barrel carb, but hubby doesn't like dealing with them so he runs a single carb. It runs good just doesn't idle worth a dang. That is why it got pulled out of the bus ages ago and also got pulled out of my bug when we tried it in there. I just don't like doing the heel toe dance to keep the vehicle running at the stop signs. I don't drive the 64 that often so we figured I could deal with it when I did have to drive it.

Well, that was short lived. Such a depressing day. After installing the motor and having to pull it back out because it still leaked oil, we discovered it wasn't the oil cooler seals leaking after all. It is a crack in the case just to the side of the oil cooler. :( My hubby is going to check into trying to salvage the motor some how, but for now it looks like I will be putting a 1600 dual port in the bus. I'm in the process of switching parts from motor to motor. I will try it for now. If I don't like it, I"m going to put my 1600 single port back in. I'm hoping the dual port will give me a bit more HP to get up some of the hills. I'll find out next week. I hope to have it all back together before I go back to work Monday. Kind of bummed the 1776 has the crack it was a real strong runner.

Today I replaced the brake master cylinder and two boots on the track rods.

Latest posts