What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jay71 said:
Dug the old girl out of hibernation to come to the rescue as the turbo on my daily has bust. Had a great drive to work, couldn't wait to drive her home...Parked next to this van in my
Local carpark...

New sign writing ? Don't recall that being on your bus in Cornwall - looks good !

Jay71 said:
Dug the old girl out of hibernation to come to the rescue as the turbo on my daily has bust. Had a great drive to work, couldn't wait to drive her home...Parked next to this van in my
Local carpark...

Best colour for a bus I reckon, lot cleaner than mine :mrgreen:

slow-lane-Matt said:
Jay71 said:
Local carpark...

New sign writing ? Don't recall that being on your bus in Cornwall - looks good !

:msn4: :msn4: :lol: Cheers fella....It's not painted on though, only vinyl lettering, i'm not brave enough to get her sign written properly :?

Best colour for a bus I reckon, lot cleaner than mine :mrgreen:[/quote]

Thanks marco....I love the colour too :D How's your bus coming on dude? I've been keeping a nosey on your bus, she's lovely, your doing her proud :D :D

Jay71 said:
Thanks marco....I love the colour too :D How's your bus coming on dude? I've been keeping a nosey on your bus, she's lovely, your doing her proud :D :D

Still sorting s.Africa style p.o. bodges, need to swap the gearbox and fit the right clutch, then start on the interior. Just waiting for it to stop raining :(

Me! I read the thread in the tech how to section and copied it, took 3 evenings including sewing cover on.
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11286" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
From this...

Just sprayed with aerosols from pound land :lol: didn't worry about filling the outer rim cos of the cover.
Hardest job was getting the wheel off the column !

dropped the engine and gearbox, ready to replace shiftrod bushes and gearbox.

Finally got round to replacing the bodged pin connecting the clutch pedal to the clutch cable. It was the only breakdown we had during a 2000 mile trip through France and Spain this summer...

DSC_4012_resize.jpg

Left is the original pin, middle is the repro which I fitted a week after the holiday. It didnt even make one clutch actuation before failing. It took me a bit longer to find a NOS one.

DSC_4128.jpg

That pic shows the car park we stopped in after the pin snapped (perhaps after 256000 miles of use!). We replaced the pin with an M6 nut and bolt from the bottom of my toolbag and were on the road again in under 30 mins.. There's nothing in that pic to show we made it to Spain, so have another holiday snap.

DSC_3102_resize.jpg

:)

Fitted my new steering wheel cover, went for a drive, then chucked the bikes in/on and went for a ride around salcey forest with the mrs and kids. Sweet!

Sent from my arse using Tapatalk

Fitted new clutch, greased clutch cable, rebushed and regreased shift rod. Just need to fit gearbox and engine and I'll be back on the road.

Refitted gearbox and engine, all tightened up, can't remember if I torqued up the clutch cover bolts :oops:
Engine'll have to come back out :evil:

Got home fitted brake cylinders bled brakes and adjusted, fitted passenger door seal tidied up all the mess I made put back in the floor mats, next stop Mot No 2 let's hope it passes this time

Latest posts