What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
justcruzin said:
slow-lane-Matt said:
Fitted new hub caps and beauty rings supplied by Reezvaan, very pleased with them...

What color is your bus? Reason I ask is because it looks like the color my hubby painted his bus. We don't really have a name for his, we call it "Bobby's color" because he mixed hunter green with white till he got a color he liked. LOL

Hi Kim,

I think it's called Turkis (turqis?) blue - which would be a genuine VW colour despite not being blue (or Turkish) - but my bus has been resprayed so don't know if that is exactly what the colour is, but it's near.

At last... the weather broke!!! Gorgeous blue sky... you are welcome at mine anytime.

Being a fair weather mechanic I got out and managed to get my block split (only took 3 hours) and used the modified blade of a hack saw to get into a small crack in the case and cut a broken threaded bar holding it together. Also did a bit of welding to get the other bars out which were bent. It seems the last engine rebuilder was less than careful!

Ordered new Hardware and Gasket kit from JK.

It is now sat on a box in a few parts ready to get the dizzy drive out and then have a good clean up and rebuild.... can't wait.

I can't wait to get RubyBlu on the road and mingling with the community.

Excited that parts are on their way so I set up a workbench, in from the bitter winter cold, to rebuild my 1600 single port :D

hipshaker said:
MOT today ….. and straight through. Always nice when that happens!

Dreading this day... although it is a while off! Well done on yours.

I finished cleaning off my valves and experimenting with soft drink cleaning and domestic appliance parts washing methods.... all a waste of time and less successful than they sound.

The sun was out (yes, really!) so I drove it!! Went down to Farnborough VW Center and templated a Westy headliner before it got fitted in a bus, so that's another job started. Need to finish some now. Great day for a drive tho.

I'm due an MOT so thought I'd go and see if the van started up OK as it's not been turned over since July when we went to the F1 at Silverstone. Hey presto, started first time!! Big grins all round. 8) :D

Engine rebuild started today with my son. Won't be long before Buddha's running again =)

Started the service on my van today.
Just got brakes to go over and a cv gaiter to do then it should be ready for this year :D .

Rich

Bottom half pretty much painted! Just the white and lacquer to go!

0AAC95A7-E73B-4E89-8A7D-F194798A199B-798-00000072E8A8938B_zpsacaf2d5b.jpg

EF5AA525-4EC8-4E91-8963-E0D976CD8D04-798-00000072FED2C9C3_zpse1ce7584.jpg

Went out for a drive in the bus today , bamboo parcel shelf and propex heater both arrived when I was out , only down side was ive developed a pull to the left under braking ... But all in all it was a good day ..

Nice and sunny! So I drove to work, however, my bus has developed the dreaded rear bush squeak! Really annoying, so now I guess I have to take the rear end apart - again!

Got the MOT done yesterday, sorted for another 12 months. Then fitted the tax disc (yay!).
Today checked the front pads and then took the misses out for a drive with the dog and a walk on the beach.
Potential road trip up to the Isle of Skye next Wed-Sat, can't wait.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Waxoiled inside of driver and passenger doors and cleaned all the glue of them that was used to stick the polythene on, took all bloody afternoon. At least i can get my homemade door cards on now! Whoopee :party0049:

Latest posts