What do you have on your underside??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy_sheff

Reaction score
Been doing bits and bobs this past few months removing old flaking brittle under seal, I've put some dinitrol on under the arches and other areas, what I really want to do is strip the lot of pressure and paint it all with epoxy 121. Anyone done this,? Or what's under your bus like?

Nice job,
what did you use for the stone chip if you don't have a sprayer ?

I am going to be doing something similar and finishing off with tintable Upol Raptor

Looks good! I see you coated over some existing under seal! Did it take ok? How was the epoxy to paint with? Thick and gloopy?

As long as you take it back to where the old underseal is sound it's good to go( you can tell as it'll just kind of melt as you wire wheel it instead of flaking and cracking off. I used etch primer to make sure it took. The epoxy mastic is a 2 part paint so you can mix it thinner or thicker as you like. I found slightly thicker was easier with a brush. I went over the top of the epoxy with rattle cans of white stonechip. It probably wasn't really ness but I decided I'd rather go for overkill as I'm on the coast and my van is my daily :D

Oh and I used a touch of seam sealer in the corners to round off a couple of angled corners so they were no longer water/mud traps.

Latest posts