what do you think of this one?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

http://www.vanguardmotorsales.com/cardetails.asp?VIN=218052610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i hate the way they market this bus with all the surf tat, as if buying it will turn you into Laird Hamilton.

I thought it was a hot wheels miniature when i saw the picture, the paint job is a bit mental.

i am not a fan im afraid, looks like plop :mrgreen:

I like it, something a bit different, I bet it would have a massive croud arround it at the shows.

also when you drive it, it would look like your head was on fire 8)

I dunno, red with chrome isn't very original. The flames look like stickers, but with a serious taste of slammage it would improve markedly.
There is plenty of surf accessible via bitumen roads so all that clearance is unneccassary anyway :D :D

It looks like it been designed by a child. A 'hot rod' 'surf bus' that follows every obvious cliche in the book.

18052610-8sm.jpg

Yuk.

A few nice touches but ghenerally not too impressive when you think whats likely to have been spent but hey if the guy liked it then thats all that matters and they'll be someone out there that will love it.....

the flames do let it down though from a first impression its quite a hard one to get out of your mind

dubdubz said:
1066cc engine? certainly not quick then.......... :lol:

busses are not in the main very fast - so the hot rod flames are cack imo

I'm not keen on the price either!

Ah yes! The old 1066cc - tuned by Harold the Second at his shop in Hastings, head work by William AKA "The Duke"

Unfortunatly Harold died when the engine was being dyno-ed, the belt flew off and got him in the eye, poor fella. RIP

.....I'll get me coat.......... :lol:

Alistair

MUCH too shiney for me. Need to primer a door or something and give that pig some street cred.

the flames are naff but the red and black split is cool.

I actually like the rack and board for what it is but the cheap signs and interior in general could do with an overhall.

ah c'mon theyve got and Endless Summer poster in there, and a bit of hibiscus in the floor mats.

Its got surfers paradise written al over it :)

To be honest i thought it was a toy till i went to the site and realised its dearer than a Scucho bus :)

Haven't we got someone who can do the photoshop slam to see what it would look like at an a ppropriate height?
I can do the flame removal (roughly), but the rest is above my pay scale!

The dumbass has got the board on back to front as well as no straps.

surfbus.jpg

Looks like a promo bus that a big corporate would buy and display to look cool :| - like the paint but flames are a bit naff imo

I do however love this tach - anyone know anything about it? My google skills keep coming up with aviation instruments :?:
tachsq.jpg

I think once all the shit was removed (the abortion of an interior, the pancake "its an extra 30 brake mate innit" airfilter, the dodgy looking flames, the surfboard that is no doubt screwed to the rack on a permanent basis) it could be quite a respectable motor.

From a personal point of view I'd either sack off the roofrack or get a full length one, drop it slightly, and change the wheels for something a bit more interesting. DSRs would look nice on it.

lobus said:
Haven't we got someone who can do the photoshop slam to see what it would look like at an a ppropriate height?
I can do the flame removal (roughly), but the rest is above my pay scale!

The dumbass has got the board on back to front as well as no straps.

surfbus.jpg

Haven't done any photoshopping for a while (and it shows :lol: )
shitvanedited.jpg

Latest posts