What else would you like from EarlyBay ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Add your ideas on what else EarlyBay could provide - either on-line, or in the real world !

How about an earlybay sun strip (across top of windscreen thing)?

And then a single centre mounted wiper conversion & maybe bolt on fibreglass arch extensions?

ok perhaps not the arches & wiper but a Sun-strip maybe ok though if it was in a transparent colour coded stylee? or would it look too chavvy?

An early bay aerial ball to identify fellow early bayers coming in the opposite direction?

Nice light weight aerial ball would be good, all the usual ones are far too heavy for my springy aerial :oops:

Love the idea of an earlybay aerial ball :D

What i really want is a fibreglass rear hatch, boot lid and sliding door! whoever makes these is gonna be rich rich rich! I have sent numerous emails to nomorerustybits etc but no reply :( probably to expensive?? They could easily be strengthened with aluminium, just need to do the mould :D

I dont mean just a dodgy straight and flat fibreglass one either I mean to the original spec, it must be possible? :cry:

easy said:
...What i really want is a fibreglass rear hatch, boot lid and sliding door! whoever makes these is gonna be rich rich rich! I have sent numerous emails to nomorerustybits etc but no reply :( probably to expensive?? They could easily be strengthened with aluminium, just need to do the mould :D

I dont mean just a dodgy straight and flat fibreglass one either I mean to the original spec, it must be possible? :cry: ...

I'm not sure Mr EarlyBay can help you with all that! :lol:

;)

Justin & Mutley said:
easy said:
...What i really want is a fibreglass rear hatch, boot lid and sliding door! whoever makes these is gonna be rich rich rich! I have sent numerous emails to nomorerustybits etc but no reply :( probably to expensive?? They could easily be strengthened with aluminium, just need to do the mould :D

I dont mean just a dodgy straight and flat fibreglass one either I mean to the original spec, it must be possible? :cry: ...

I'm not sure Mr EarlyBay can help you with all that! :lol:

;)

hmmm, yes ...could be a little out of my league I think ! (have to get the DIY fibreglass kit out over the weekend ...)

Ariel balls sound cool, you could ask simon at red9 design as i know he had a small batch made up a while back, might tell you the supplier and costs involved? :wink:

Another 'aye' for the aerial ball idea. I'd display one with pride. :)

An early bay bra for the front of your van, not your gf, although.............
or early bay petrol can think that would be cool, i like the aerial ball i just dont listen to the radio :( maybe if you did them i would just get an aerial

Two nice suggestions there, I wonder if a deal with Volksheaven for a special Vunderbra is in the offing :D :D :D :D Ill have one of those.

How about trying to blag a bit of discount from the main suppliers. I am sure as a group, everyone on here must account for a large share of their business :lol:

jon264 said:
How about trying to blag a bit of discount from the main suppliers. I am sure as a group, everyone on here must account for a large share of their business :lol:

Great idea - is this a possibility? Worth looking into...

;)

Is there a way I can see if I have responded to a thread before?

Also, on VZi, if you move your cursor over a thread title, you get the opening line in preview. Any chance of rigging that up?

In my dreams... Someone to come and hold the umbrella whilst we get on with some much needed welding, some front seats, an interior, nice set of wheels, new wiring loom etc etc etc. The list could, and probably will go on forever...

Seriously? An EarlyBay sunvisor would be good (one of those oh so tasteful thermal jobbies with the sucky bitz), air freshener, mouse mat or umbrella!

Aerial balls, tax disc holders, t-shirts, all of which have been discussed at some point.

How about looking into being able to provide agreed value insurance recommendations?

I appreciate that this would be possibly complicated and certainly time consuming for the 'valuation officers', but perhaps a starter for ten would be a 'tick box' criteria, for example, age, condition, restored/unrestored, modifications, etc etc.....perhaps such 'valuations' could be carried out at shows by a nominated 'valuation team'...??

given that earlybays are a seperate group in the VW world, just like splits, bugs, notches, squares etc surely it's a thought?

any views anyone?

I started a VW club afew years ago and getting local discount was easy and just took a few days driving around places like GSF and local surf shops and motorist discount shops. Even had a deal with Threashers which proved handy.
On a bigger scale JK wanted a club register with membership details and addresses etc which can be a right pain in the arse to get for a local club never mind a internet club.
Just thought this might help.

Valuations etc and lots of discount deals are avilable through the T2OC. Membership is cheap and i saved the cost of a years membership just by going on one of there camping weekends. (site discount) They have a good tech backup and some good stuff going on although some people seem very anti towards them for some reason. Seemed a nice bunch to me.

I think someone needs to start producing some more of the hard to find parts as repos. Early bays seem to have slipped by in this area and parts are alot harder to get than say splittys for instance. Surely its time someone recognized a gap in the market

Latest posts