What have I done! Electrical help needed please!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rippers

Reaction score
Righty my original Sapphire Radio has never worked, I got a Blaupunkt to replace it.

Wired up and worked great but I forgot about the now unused illumination wire (which gives 12v when you switch the lights on) and it shorted against something.. I was made aware of this by the electrical burning smell :oops:

So I heat shrinked the end of that cable so its now safe.. but driving the van tonight I noticed I now have no lights on the dash clocks, turned the headlight dial round thinking they where just dim and nothing.. checked the fuses and nothing has blown.. so basically what have I fried :( any advise guys?

You'll need to trace the length of that wire and check it for breaks/burns.

When you shorted it, the whole wire would have heated up. If there was a weak spot in the insulation then it could have burnt through and be shorting elsewhere.

I've been working on the same thing today on my bus, I think my switch has totally had it.

Are your actual lights still working? If so and it is just the switch then you can do a little cheat by connecting the dash light wire (white and red) on 58b terminal and adding it onto the 59 ( white wire) terminal which feeds your side lights.

Latest posts