What have I forgot?..the rebuild starts soon

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duds

Reaction score
Hi all,

The body is almost there, the colour has been chosen, my garage looks like the parts department for heritage..but what i would like to know is what have i forgot, or more to the point when you lot have rebuilt whats the bit that you always forget or the part you wished you would have replaced but had to wait weeks to find one?

cheers

Mark

Don't forget grease and clear wax oil ...maybe sound proofing

Grease for hinges, runners , winders anything that moves or could squeak etc

Wax oil in a can with the straw bit attached to do inside of doors down where the skin mets the door and all the little nooks and crannies that will never been seen once all the cards are on
So if water does get in it hits wax oil and doesn't sit in that slit waiting to start to rust :msn4:

Also wax oil inside your sills and chassis rails and grease your beam up
Have fun ;)
Chris

Ps I built my doors all of them with everything on .... on the kitchen table a lot easier than when the door is hung as you can get around the door easier .... I lay the doors on a old quilt ... 4 bolts check strap done ;)

Rubbers on the chassis where cables exit from the conduits and where brake pipes pass throught the chassis
It's difficult to know exactly what you are going to need until each stage when you put it all back together as there is that much stuff under there you don't realise :?:

Latest posts