What seats are people using?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giraffeinbath

Reaction score
So what seats are people using in their vans?

Got some dodgy Volvo seats retrofitted in ours that came with it, not very comfy though and a bit high so be interested to see what other people are using.

I know there's the obvious Saab 9000 seat route but with so many options out there there must be other alternatives being used. Pic's would be cool but most importanatly let us know if they're comfy on the long trips!! :D

We got a full set of *totally mint* black & white "pascha" seats from a 924 that was being broken.

We kept the rear seats cos they have the retractable roller-blind like parcel shelf cover - which we were thinking of maybe putting on the back bench seat of the bus.

Original for me all the time, anything else doesn't look right in my opinion.

Toyota Corolla in mine, comfy but high. Got some 924's to go in once recovered. :D

Originals, but they could do with overhauling. My drivers seat is the comfiest seat ever. Anything with a high back or a headrest for me as I have a westy cab bunk.

Originals for me too, via ebay :)
Mine came with big leather volvo ones and I couldn't reach the floor!!!

Swapped the original seats in my bug for Porsche because although the originals were comfy and look cool the lack of head rest worried me because of the potential injuries that you could sustain in a rear ender.

I would quite happily replace with original items if I can find them (although the runners in our bus have been mushed to fit in the Volvo seats) but they would have to have a headrest.

Does anyone have a pick of the original seats with headrests? What year did they start, it's a late bay thing right?

I used a pair of Granada Scorpio leather seats, fully electric and heated :D Very comfortable and only cost £50 the pair :wink:
Bit of a pain to fit though as I had to make a support frame for runners to sit on.

Dsc03213.jpg

my bay came with some nasty rover seats which i wasted no time in ripping out and throwing away. i managed to buy a pair of 911 seats on ebay for £103 . tan leather retrimed and circa 1976 so im hoping that they will fit in with they eara that my camper would have been driving about. hope to be trial fitting them soon (as soon as i have wheel arches back on)

giraffeinbath said:
Swapped the original seats in my bug for Porsche because although the originals were comfy and look cool the lack of head rest worried me because of the potential injuries that you could sustain in a rear ender.

I would quite happily replace with original items if I can find them (although the runners in our bus have been mushed to fit in the Volvo seats) but they would have to have a headrest.

Does anyone have a pick of the original seats with headrests? What year did they start, it's a late bay thing right?

My seats show sign of wear but not recovering as part of the history.
as for the head rest :-
110.jpg

kempy said:

Are those headrest things actually comfortable?

I found some seats on eBay that should do the job, not to modern looking, kind of square and boxy like vw seats and out of an old Jag so should be comfy enough....

seats_jaguar.jpg

Picture is a bit blurry but they sound good. Less then £70 for the pair as well which I thought was alright, just need to pick them up and see if they fit now :D

giraffeinbath said:
kempy said:

Are those headrest things actually comfortable?

Yes

You wouldn't know it was a bolt on when using it.

XJS seats for me, in lovely leather, super comfy on long journeys and low profile so your knees dont hit the wheel, best bit was the price £20 for the pair :D

DSC00276.jpg

Kempy

Sorry off topic question, I see you have what appears to be a 3 point seatbelt for your 'buddy' seat behind the drivers seat, is this inertia reel and if so where did you fix it to?

kevdonlon said:
XJS seats for me, in lovely leather, super comfy on long journeys and low profile so your knees dont hit the wheel, best bit was the price £20 for the pair :D

Wow bargain! Where did you pick them up for peanuts?

Latest posts