What security do people have for their early bay?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeoggie

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

had my bus a for 3 months now and absolutely love it, since getting it though it seems i've just heard of more and more being stolen,
at the min the only security I have is a battery isolator switch but hearing how many are taken on low loaders I don't think its enough.

so I'm looking into trackers but i'm just wondering who has them on their buses and what they'd recommend?

does anyone have one of these? does seem decent but a genuine tracker isn't that much dearer it's just the annual subscription that makes them dear, this you just top up as it works off a simcard
https://www.rewiresecurity.co.uk/gps-tracker-tk-104-vehicle-car-tracker" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers!
Mike

Just bear in mind, a tracker doesn't stop a bus getting taken. Would you really want it back after some low-lives had potentially damaged / started stripping it? Personally, I'd rather go for something that stops it getting taken in the first place - where does it get left parked?

I know, just the past few I've read have been taken via low loader and I think that is harder to prevent so at least you'd have a chance of getting it back?

Its on the drive but everyone is out through the day it's really quiet where I live but you never know I suppose!

Do you have anything on yours?

I think the only real sure fire security is to stop someone moving it at all, so blocking access. Big gates or collapsable bollards or something. Not the easiest solution, mind.

How about a ground anchor? My mate had 3 land rover defenders nicked before he got one of those installed.

Or maybe CCTV to disuade someone from trying something so conspicuous as a low loader.

Have a read of this thread

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69847" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've got an UBERSECURE pedal lock left from when I had my bus. If anyone wants it PM me and you can have it for a tenner (plus postage if you don't fancy picking it up.

caf25630698de9454079f4ce0a1ae230.jpg

These

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

Mines in the garage, with a trampoline on the drive in front, oh yeah, and it has no engine in at the moment! LOL!

BoggyB said:
I think the only real sure fire security is to stop someone moving it at all, so blocking access. Big gates or collapsable bollards or something. Not the easiest solution, mind.

How about a ground anchor? My mate had 3 land rover defenders nicked before he got one of those installed.

Or maybe CCTV to disuade someone from trying something so conspicuous as a low loader.

Ground anchor could work so cheers, I'll have a look into it... I can't block it in because of how the drive is unfortunately

Hi
I've got a steering wheel lock, Wheel clamp and a security post. Hope these do the job. At least it will slow the thieving fuckers down I hope..

littlemark said:
Hi
I've got a steering wheel lock, Wheel clamp and a security post. Hope these do the job. At least it will slow the thieving fuckers down I hope..

Yeah, anything to put them off eh!.... A security post is a good idea though, right so steering wheel lock, security post, ground anchor, alarm, pedal lock, wheel clamp. not OTT is it?!
:lol: I'm gonna be busy!

Latest posts