what size rock n roll bed?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

66nige

Reaction score
Just starting on the long road of getting our '68 bus into a useable camper/holiday weekends away bus. We are just in the process of lowering, and got the seats re-covered and matching material for the door cards. The main problem we are having is deciding how big a bed to buy. I'm just over 6' and the Mrs is just under 6', don't really want to compromise on storage space but aint sure if we will need a full size bed. Thoughts and opinions on size of bed and layout of interior based on your own experiences would be greatly appreciated :D

thejinx said:
We chinned off the 3/4 size bed for a full length bed. The 3/4 was only good enough for 1 person imho

+1

Same here. The 3/4 layouts look a bit more "fitted" in my opinion but our last bus came with a full-sized bed and now me and the mrs love it and wouldn't go back. Made the wife much prefer camping in it and doesn't feel like we're roughing it anymore. A full-sized bed, plus storage underneath, a pod thing for your burner and sink or whatever and a roof rack should probably be okay storage-wise.

Honestly though, I'd pop to a show or a meet or whatever and sit in a few, see what you think. Nothing like actually checking one out yourself.

Full size here too ...... Couldn't contemplate 3/4, would be too "cosy".

My interior is from a late bay ...... A westy "Malaga" I think. Works well for us.

Treat yourself to a full size, we had a 3/4 in an old van and now a full size, wouldn't go back!

Good nights sleep vs bit more storage...no contest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've always got on well with the 3/4 and never felt cramped. Neither of us are particularly small. If you can borrow a 3/4 to lay on its worth a try

We went for a full width RnR from Rusty Lee, top quality powder coated frame and upholstery from Deliah's. Sweet.

IMG_0401_zpsgladrqae.jpg

Latest posts