whats people up to this bank hol.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
taking the van an others in tents to the only campsite in 1000miles that has any avilability. West witterings scott farm. I've never known camp sites to be this busy!!!!!

were off to aberdaron managed to get in last week after phoning about 50 sites , weve packed the big coats aswell as it looks a bit dodgythe weather but hey ho !!

regards
chris

lol yeah its hectic, the only site we could find was a naturinst site!! thats not for me ta!

wiley coyote said:
taking the van an others in tents to the only campsite in 1000miles that has any avilability. West witterings scott farm. I've never known camp sites to be this busy!!!!!

it's mad isn't it? We started looking in June for this bank holiday and gave up trying to find a semi decent site with space - planning to make up for it and go camping more in Sept/Oct

Would you believe it, the bus is now running something like ok but on the last test run, attempt to stop and the brake pedal goes straight to the floor and pumping it makes no difference! :shock: Damned lucky it was low speed and close to home, would not have been so great had I been in Derbyshire with my 10 year old son in the passenger seat. The N/S/R wheel cylinder seals have blown and so have my chances of going to RTTH today!
The rear wheel bearings have a little play, so it may make sense to replace them while it's in bits. Just got to get that stuborn drum of the splines and have a third trip into town today, (the second to GSF) hoping the parts are in stock so I can spend even more money!!!
Don't ya just love Bank Holiday weekends!

hopefully after we shut our shop 5 30 saturday and take off down west bit of a gamble i no but there is allways space in the top feild in newgale :shock: :shock:
other than that will be sleeping in the carpark next to the pub i think thats the better choice :)

you bunch of wimps weres this naturist site then :lol:

JEEZ.... cornwalls /southwests biggest show established 23 years and not one of you know about it...you all come down for a week here and there but none of the emit posse support the true vwoc show...poor form...i`m actually quite dissappointed :| :|
Its the same in the surf.....hence the yocals get quite bothered :evil:

I will be mostly retuning my new van, as previous owner seems to have set the engine up about the worst Ive seen, timed about 18deg past TCD, how it ran I dont know :shock:

BBQ Sunday with friends, hangover recovery fry up monday :D

My weekend gets better by the hour. Got it running something like (coil and plugs worked wonders) then lost the brakes (as last post). GSF didn't have all the wheel bearing parts so scrapped that plan, neither did they have a fitting kit for the new brake shoes. Shoes now fitted as per the last set with the same mix & match springs etc from whatever source the previous bodger used. Test drive, brakes good, but engine suddenly not so brilliant, feels dull, low on power and not smooth at all. Decide to have yet another look at the carb and once on the bench see what must be the new problem. You know the little brass tube that directs fuel from the accelerator pump down the venturi? It ain't there no more, it was there but not now, and there is only one way it can have gone. Straight down the bloody inlet manifold. By this time it was about 5.30pm, so RTTH became a definite no-no and with all the previous stuff decided the only solution was beer. I had been invited to some friends for a bit of a do, but had missed the start by about 4 hours so would be too late for food, they would by then be half smashed and I was (am) sober. Decided to drink alone, in my garage whilst cleaning up my late Aunts' 1964 Triumph bicycle.
God, do I know how to make the most of a bank holiday weekend, living life on the edge man, it's the only way! And it was my birthday 4 days ago, what a way to celebrate!

Have been surfing at hill end in the Gower, gail force winds, messy waves and cold, seen at least 6 tents trashed by the wind and had to take our awning down but still enjoyed it :)

we were down at Havens holiday park in Pagham, Bognor on Monday - saw a blue/white bay there with Earlybay sticker - was it anyone on here ?

Latest posts