What's the best after market gear stick to use?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Berg for me 8)

No the best picture but...

IMG_6994.jpg

Marvel said:
Had a SCAT, and it fell apart. Maybe it was faulty, and got my money back. Changed it to the CSP and can't praise it enough. The build quality is superb and don't have problem with it and the hand brake.

Everyone repeat after me.... C - S - P !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sweat69 said:
What's the best after market gear stick to use? :msn4:
I have a empi at the moment but when its in first gear i can't use the hand brake, is this aproblem for all of them?
Does the scat one have these problems? :?
Cheers

Standard original gearstick doesnt have that problem....leave it as nature intended :D

http://store.vintagespeed.com.tw/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=9&flypage=garden_flypage.tpl&product_id=172&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=80" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.vintagespeed.com.tw/SportShifter/SportShifter-main.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (thats the beetle one)

there ya go oz :mrgreen:

strongy said:
http://store.vintagespeed.com.tw/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=9&flypage=garden_flypage.tpl&product_id=172&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=80

http://www.vintagespeed.com.tw/SportShifter/SportShifter-main.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (thats the beetle one)

there ya go oz :mrgreen:

??? :?: ??? :idea: ??? :?: ??? WTF !!!

Now just how the funk did you know I was reading this bit and thinking about the vintage speed stuff ? How did you know that ,,, even though I`ve seen the black mamba car shifter,,, I hadn`t seen a black mamba bus shifter ? How did you know that ?? Or did you just accept the fact that `Ozziedog would like that` and you knew I was too much of a techno pleb to actually find one. :lol When we was steamed up,, did we do that mind meld stuff dya reckon :msn4: Well best get off the khazi, and do summat :shock: You all wanted to know that dint you !! :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Flat Four Funk Ups ;) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: ;)

OR..........mabee you forgot that at 11.15 last night whilst heavily intoxicated you posted on page one of this thread and said you hadent seen one yet :lol: :lol:

oh and i do remember you saying you were a techno tard :mrgreen:

strongy said:
OR..........mabee you forgot that at 11.15 last night whilst heavily intoxicated you posted on page one of this thread and said you hadent seen one yet :lol: :lol:

oh and i do remember you saying you were a techno tard :mrgreen:

NO,, No, no, no, no, no, This is getting a bit spooky :msn4: . Granted, I may have possibly sort of been under the influence last night,, but I`m re reading this thread `again' and I posted that on the 3rd of June ??? Yes I did browse through it again last night,, and again this morning,, but no posts, TPTT too pissed to type. I`m not sure if you planted an implant in my head or something, because I can remember having a bit of a headache next day ??? :msn4:
Gotta say, it is a well wicked looking bit of kit though innit, just what I`d need to muster and control those 35 ish horses I got. :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Me Likey !! Big time !! 8) ;) 8)

i love this one....

[youtube]1Q3x5sSj7Ak[/youtube]

but the berg all the way history and the fact it has a locker.

A friend had a CSP in his 61 camper and I did`nt care for it at all. Maybe they have changed since then but the four tamper proof torx bolts around the base could not be fully tightened or else the shifter would bind. And why did`nt they just use allen bolts instead? A little too tall and the handle seems to meant for a RHD Bus not LHD.
So my vote is either Berg or a genuine Hurst if you can find one.

Had a scat on mine until the the ball on the bottom of it sheared off!! :evil: :evil: It also used to foul the handbrake. Gone to empi now(all I could get hold of at the time)

I had to buy a Empi at short notice as well. My Original shifter was well beyond it's sale date. I replaced the worn bush on the front gear linkage and this tightened the linkage up only to find my original gear stick would now let me select reverse without pushing down. I tried for hours to sort it but nope not happening. On closer inspection it appears a previous owner had bent the shift to get over the slop from the knackered bush. At first I couldn't understand why then I found the rod connector was seized solid on the rods and I had to cut it off with a grinder!!! So I went for the Empi. I know it's not everybody's first choice but after my "stick in a bucket of porridge" it feels lovely and it was available!!! Don't have any handbrake issues either. Only issue I had was it says to measure the depth of the mount to determine the correct width of spacer. I did that and it wouldn't let me select 3rd or 4th. Switching to the "wrong" spacer fixed it. No idea why. Still it works. The wife's happy so I'm happy and it means we can get to Camper Jam next weekend.

So my birthdays coming up soon an my girlfriend may buy me a new shifter for the bus!
Not sure which to get? Has anyone got an used the vintage speed shifter? I do like the look of it!
Any advise is welcome,
Cheers
Wilf :D

I reckon you should get a vintage speed one, regular or black mamba. Once you`ve fitted it and driven around for a week then you can tell us what it`s like, then I might get one.!! :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Quite like stirring porridge though ! :lol: ;) :lol:

Had a Scat dont waste your money calling it a pile of shit
would be unkind to your average pile of shit!

Keep it stock if you cant afford Gene Berg or CSP

Latest posts