whats the widest wheel?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mk2matt

Reaction score
right i have a set of wheels i got today

i need to know what is the widest size 15" wheel on a 69' bay

i have
15x7j
15x8j

will these fit the bus without too much work, i dont want to be cutting panels up as most of the bodywork is sorted now

let me know your thoughts please

thanks and good luck dude

i will just have to wait till the rear drum is done to find out then
tyres on them at mo are 225/60 might be abit wide

does anyone know hwere i can get rear drums from to fit porsche wheels???

i think an 8j would go on the rear it just depend what the offset is to get the wheel sitting right in the arch.
what wheels have you got? at those sizes they sound like late 70's fuches. red 9 do a 10mm adapter which save a lot of cost of swapping hubs and drums etc

the wheels are fuch's they are off a 944 that me and the mates stripped on sat
the parts off car were a wedding present promised to me.
i was promised more off it but so called mate got greedy and kept the clocks and other stuff i wanted

fronts are 15x7j rears are 15x8j if they dont fit i will sell or swap for slightly smaller as i really want to fit fuch's as heart is set on them now

mk2matt said:
the wheels are fuch's they are off a 944 that me and the mates stripped on sat
the parts off car were a wedding present promised to me.
i was promised more off it but so called mate got greedy and kept the clocks and other stuff i wanted

fronts are 15x7j rears are 15x8j if they dont fit i will sell or swap for slightly smaller as i really want to fit fuch's as heart is set on them now

4.5J are stupid prices and 5.5J are going up too youll need to be fast. A pair of chromed 5.5J in resonable condition will cost you more than £1000, double that for a good pair of 4.5J. the problem is all the resto cal boys are after the same wheels.

was hoping to get the rear suspension too, but he has gone and scrapped the car now :evil:

should have got them when i was last there

does anyone know another way of fitting the rear wheels,other than doing porsche rear brakes

Latest posts