Where can I buy...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wil

Reaction score
...a twin carb return spring from?

The one that's used on the type 4 engines that goes from the linkage to the ceilling of the engine compartment...know the one I mean?

Mine snapped last night :cry:

is it a stock or after market twin carb? if its stock it should be easy to find a T4 carb part?

Its for a 1600 running twin dells with CB linkage

The carb springs arn't enough to return themselves so I added the spring mentioned above that is used on type 4's...I've tried all the usuall suppliers but no luck :roll:

WHS^^

any spring the right length and tension (im guessing 6 inches or so?) should do?

I'm using a SCAT centre swivel type linkage on my baby dells. It also had no return spring and I am using a stock 34 PICT return spring that is clipped to the fan housing, works a treat. If it is a stock Item then try your VW main agent, you'll be surprised at what they still stock. I think I'm correct in thinking that T25s used a similar system all the way up to 1990.

speedwell68 said:
I think I'm correct in thinking that T25s used a similar system all the way up to 1990.

Yeah - thats the one - i've got extra return springs on both carbs at the moment & it's quite a pain pulling off!

Latest posts