Which Awning....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piggy

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm looking to buy an awning over the next few months and was interested in everyones recommendations. Obviously, as with everyone probably, my criteria are: -

1) Has to secure to the side of our Bay securely and without damaging it.
2) Durable, so not likely to take flight in the wind (and take half the van with it!)
3) Big enough to sleep two, with ground sheets.

So far everything is pointing towards the Khyam ones but interested in your thoughts...

post away...

Cheers,

James

We've got an original Motent awning which has loads of space for family camping.
Bit heavy and tricky to put up but not that bad, and looks right for bus.( Was an original option for Devons.)
DSCF9426.jpg

DSCF9420.jpg

we have a JK drive away awning. It was about £250 and is plenty big enough for 4 of us and the dog. It survived the arse end of hurricane whatsername in the Gower last August. a whole load of caravans lost their awnings, but ours was fine. khayam awnings cost more and have a very good reputation, but for the money the JK one is pretty good. A lot depends on what you can afford.
Stuk

Khyam. Take minutes to erect. Well worth the extra money.

Hi,
I`ve got a Khyam Driveaway awning.
Loads of room, has sleeping section for 4
and has faired well in strong winds!
It`s not a quick erect, but only takes 15 mins
to get up :oops:
Paid £250 last year from Fishbrain.
Cheers Paul.

Thanks for all the info guys.

It looks like Khyam is the preferred one then.....

Out of interest do they mount/clip to the side of the van on the gutter?

Finally got my awning and went for the Khyam option... Only needed a 2 man awning so this seemed ideal.

Link below and delivery was an extra £10, for those who are interested.

<http://www.somersetcamping.co.uk/products/khyam-driveaway-compact-motor-caravan-awning-new-for-2010-unbeatable-price/362/>

Latest posts