Which car cover would you recommend?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got one from NLA, nice fit with zips for both doors and slider, also has air vents. Only just put it on so a report to follow at the time of taking it off.

Thanks Trinketpimp,
I was wondering if anyone was going to mention our covers. We also do covers for high tops if anyone is in the market ;)

http://nlavw.com/gb/22-protective-covers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had a stormforce cover which lasted around 3 years. It was a bit tight but did the job well. Bought a Hamilton one this time last year and it had torn at one of the strap bits by the end of the first winter. It is good quality but I think its a bit to baggy hence the reason it tore when the wind picked up. Still using it now but I don't know if it will last another winter. I wouldn't buy the Hamilton one again from my experience. Bit dear for what it is and too loose when the wind picks up.

Just to update regarding the Hamilton cover, it has torn the strap points over night and was on the ground this morning. I wont be buying another Hamilton one. Lasted 1 year as opposed to the Stormforce one before it which lasted 3.

As a comparison I have had a Hamilton for a couple of years now and it's been very good. It is baggy - I have a poptop so not too bad but I think this helps circulate the air around it. It doesn't let the damp though either. The only issue I find is the lack of a side entry zip. This would have made it perfect. I agree they aren't cheap though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Small update on the NLA cover, blew a hoolie this week and the cover is just as I left it... also had to get into bus to take photos for a chap on here, have to say zips are spot on.

I bought a Hamilton cover last winter and the straps ripped off in a moderate wind (the bus is parked with the back 1 metre from the garage door, with a 6 foot fence 10 inches away from the passenger side and the side of the house 1 metre from the drivers side, with 2 cars parked in front of it: could it be any more sheltered?!). I complained and eventually was sent a replacement that is no better. The material is fairly good but the straps that keep it on are woefully inadequate, it's not worth the money and I wouldn't buy one again. The Maypole gets good reviews I believe, and is a fraction of the price.

I have a stormforce on my beetle yes its tighr but it excellent iv had it 3 years n even hasnt tore with cats picking at it :mad: leave the window slightly open no damp or mould or anything,
My bus jk cover is urm like paper not waterproof and its soo easy to tear now its just flappy bit of material that lays onit

trinketpimp said:
Small update on the NLA cover, blew a hoolie this week and the cover is just as I left it... also had to get into bus to take photos for a chap on here, have to say zips are spot on.

I'm really glad to hear that you are happy with our cover, it is nice to have positive feedback but if you do experience any problems with it please don't hesitate to let me know. It's the irony that positive feedback is good but hearing about problems allows us to improve the product and we are constantly looking to improve our range 8)

Latest posts