Which car cover would you recommend?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsyboy75

Reaction score
Ok, so, my JK car cover has given up the ghost, my Dormy roof bolts started wearing it, then the seagulls attacked it before blackbirds began taking strips off it for their nests (the little darlings).

The storm force ones look good but don't have the zips - anyone got any reconmendations?

Cheers

JB

Excuse the link to another forum but this has some good opinions and reviews - http://thelatebay.com/index.php?topic=2374.msg31649#msg31649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hamilton one for me -see here

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29571" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

;)

simo said:
Hamilton one for me -see here

Me too. Cracking cover although access for a door would have made it perfect. Quite loose fitting, although i like it because this lets the air circulate around when there is a breeze about.

Protecs are a bit pricey, Hamiltons look good - shame there's no zips though, the JK ones have that nailed but in other respects they are pretty poor!

I've had a Protec one for a few years now, and have to say it has been great, can't recommend it enough and well worth the money.

I went for the Hamilton one as its big enough for the pop top & I can leave the roof rack on. Fleece lined and seems to keep the bus dry,double the price of a JK but much better quality. Down side..... No zippy door openings :-(

Hamilton one duly ordered. Hopefully the blackbirds don't eat this one!

Very nice covers, the lack of zips doesn't seem to be a problem as they're baggy enough to crawl under and open a door - but not so baggy they're all over the shop.

Good advice there from you guys :)

Cool - the 2 straps are pretty good on mine, during the winter tho i throw a rope over the middle of the bus just for addad security :msn4:

I can recommend the Maypole covers.

Tough thick material and only about £70. if it goes bad in a couple of years which I doubt, then it'll be a nice new one again.

Covers a tintop really well, goes down to midway over the hubcaps, adjustable straps on back, snug fit all around.

I can recommend a maypole one too, lasted all last winter, storms and all.

Is it this one ?

http://www.leisureoutlet.com/caravans-and-motorhomes/Full-Campervan-Covers/Maypole-4-Ply-Breathable-Volkswagen-T2-Campervan-Cover.html#prettyPhoto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yup that's the one, even got it from the same place, cheaper now though so even more worth it!

It's not as seen on the photo, it's a great fit.

All the Best

I've always recommended the Hamilton cover having owned one. Great bit of kit.

However I do feel they're grossly overpriced. Other companies are using similar if not the same fabrics and making covers at a third of the price.

A friend even recently bought a 26 foot long caravan cover made of the exact fabric my Hamilton was made of for less than I paid for my cover.

Shop around. It would be nice if someone actually did a comparison with all the products in front of them.

Latest posts