Which crankcase 1500 or 1600??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kustomlifespace

Reaction score
Have two old engines a 1500 and a 1600tp going to rebuild 1 using 1641 barrels and the twinport heads but which is the best crankcase 1500 or 1600?
Cheers Nick

as far as I understand it they are both the same.unless the 1600 is brazilian or mexican :roll:

In the old days, AS41 dual relief for preference and single relief if you had to.
But these days with good cases getting harder to come by, would use whichever has the best (roundest! :D ) crank bore and hasn't been hammered. Would much rather run a straight single relief than a hammered and line bored dual relief.... :msn4:

I did in our old 1679 drag engine ,a 1300 single relief case cos it was like new.its had 4+years of hammer and is still ok 8) with 4000rpm launches and 6000+shifts.making 100hp.

ok thanks for that guys both are german so will use the 1600tp since im raping the heads off it and sell the 1500 engine complete!
another question is shall i upgrade the cam whilst its all apart recommendations please???????????

http://WWW.BUSBOX.CO.UK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; bespoke kustom interiors

Busbox interiors said:
another question is shall i upgrade the cam whilst its all apart recommendations please???????????

Depends what you're doing with the heads and what you want out of the engine.
Only starts being worth doing with twin carbs and (preferably) a tickle on the heads.... 8)

Latest posts