Which oil?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonmonkey02

Reaction score
Just wondering what people are using in their engines at the moment?

Having done a fair bit of research (and I know it's the proverbial can of worms) but it would appear that the general consensus is a multigrade 15w40 mineral oil rather than monograde or semi/synthetic. VW Quantum would appear to have been one of the preferred oils of this type but this is now obsolete (confirmed by VW and most places are "out of stock" online).

What other 15w40 mineral oils are there and any recommendations? I've seen some mention Fuchs TITAN UNIVERSAL HD 15W-40 Universal which is available from GSF - any others?

Cheers.

If you type in Morris and search, there is a very interesting article from the head boffin at Morris oils discussing the pros and cons of various types of oil, I found it but couldn`t copy and paste it. We had a bit of a discussion about a few weeks ago regarding this very subject. So long as nobody mentions animal planet, we might get away with it. :lol: :shock: :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, NOT stirring it up tonight :? :?

In a stock engine halfords 15 40 mineral oil. It's cheaper if u have a trade card.

For bigger engines it gets more complicated

I run STP 20w50 all year round. Real hi-po motors get more complicated as said.

Latest posts