whiteband tyres from kk

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baysdrum

Reaction score
Has anyone had the whiteband tyres from karmann konnection :?:
they look good but what about the quality of tyre :?:
also their 3 bow westfalia roofrack looks good value - any one got one :?:

Yeh i have a set of KK whitebands from KK.
Sorry 2 say that i wouldnt recomend them :( .

Ive always had commercials on my busses in the past(i like overkill i guess) , but my latest is a Deluxe and should have white bands.So i got a set from KK.
Fitted them myself (im a mechanic) and didnt realy feel to be made of a thick/quality rubber.
They arnt commercial though, just basicly an unknown make that have been whitebanded :roll: .
Also within a month or so the whitebands turned brown due to bleaching from the black rubber.
Think JK do michelin whitebands, would probably go for them if i could do my time again but the KK ones were cheaper :oops:

Rich.

Sorry to any KK fans or employees on here, not having a dig at your products, just ya tyres :mrgreen:

You could get some decent commercial tyres and have a word with ant on here, he could whitewall them for you (or red).

wibbler said:
You could get some decent commercial tyres and have a word with ant on here, he could whitewall them for you (or red).
Yeh, what he said.
Seen his work,looks good 8)

whose was the white westy with the white bands on at the show?

.. I thought they looked good ..

Hilly

I have these whiteband tyres on and they feel very rigid and the white is still very bright.
http://www.maxxis.com/AutomobileLight-Truck/Passenger/MA-1.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They cost me 63 euros the tyre.

I run Marshall whitewalls and they are a very good tyre indeed 8)

If in doubt tho I would go for a normal tyre then get Ant to paint it on ;) 8)

Latest posts