Whitewall tyres....opinions please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your best bet for the longest lasting and easiest to clean is vulcanised whitewall tyres. These can be purchased from the UK but they are made in the states to what ever tyre size you want. They get your chosen tyre size and then cut a grove in the rubber and then "vulcanise" white rubber into it, giving a perfect white wall. I did make an enquiry on how much it would cost on a set of 4 tyres 175/55/15 & 185/60/15 and the cost was......................£800! fucking hell thats a load of cash for 4 tyres!

Since then i have been looking into these but, due to my shite german and would really like to see them in the flesh first i havent bought them, but they look awesome if you ask me! 8)

http://www.ravus.de/Komplettes-Set_detail_3_66.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Your van your choice is spot on but the flap ones i have seen over time wear into the sidewall which can't be good :(

Heres a pic of ours

P1020171.jpg

The real deal, but major dosh!

easy said:
Your best bet for the longest lasting and easiest to clean is vulcanised whitewall tyres. These can be purchased from the UK but they are made in the states to what ever tyre size you want. They get your chosen tyre size and then cut a grove in the rubber and then "vulcanise" white rubber into it, giving a perfect white wall. I did make an enquiry on how much it would cost on a set of 4 tyres 175/55/15 & 185/60/15 and the cost was......................£800! fucking hell thats a load of cash for 4 tyres!

Since then i have been looking into these but, due to my shite german and would really like to see them in the flesh first i havent bought them, but they look awesome if you ask me! 8)

http://www.ravus.de/Komplettes-Set_detail_3_66.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

just order some of the these had to translate and make a international payment though my bank :? but for £120 they look like a nice bit of kit

Heres mine, original tyres paintex by mr whitewalls 2 years ago, still perfect. Had the 14" flaps before that and they went yellow :(

59f04bd6-8452-a018.jpg

I was looking at this lately to, watched a few vids on you tube, but all seem a bit dodgy i.e. using a grinder to remove the rubber then painting it back in. Im presuming this is a shortcut to the correct way of doing it on non original whitewalled tyres but thought it looked messy. One guy did it with white trainer dye?

The proper original whitewalls actually have the white molded in.

For me i like them on bus's but think thats cus you see so many US imports with em on.

toffo24 said:
Heres a pic of ours

P1020171.jpg

The real deal, but major dosh!

Please please please can you tell me where you got those tyres from? Was it northants tyre company?
Currently got brms, but looking to getting the originals back on. Nice big whitewall tyres, chrome hubcaps. The only thing is for 72 crossover.

Such a good look. Just looks awesome on your van. Good job!

Latest posts