Who would you choose to waxoyl A or B

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tricksum

Reaction score
I need to get my 69 re-rustproofed.I have two options that are both quite close to me.
It was last waxoyled about 5 years ago.

Choice A.Sussex aircooled http://www.sussexaircooled.co.uk/content-pages/wax-protection. £515 plus vat

Choice B.Under body protection company http://www.underbodyprotection.co.uk £1100

Choice A require bus for two days

Choice B require the bus for five days

Any recommendations in the Brighton /Eastbourne area.

I would prefer to do the job myself but not prepared to do it with the bus on axel stands.Maybe if I was 30 years younger.
All the best.

I've never been a fan of waxoyl, our bay was dinitrolled by myself. It was on the road @7 years before we sold it with no issues

I had mine done with Dinitrol, it’s a multi stage process if they do it correctly. Clean underside, treat with rust converter, spray with thin protection to get into all the hidden and difficult to reach areas, the finally a thicker solution as the final coat. They need to let the metal dry between each stage, so warm weather is good.
Ask them what the process involves and then make your decision based on how thorough they are. Mine cost £800 three years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I did the Dinitrol thing myself (well some of it) I've done under the front arches. It's easier and less messy than cellulose as it tends to only go where you point it. The 2 compound kit was about £100 and comes with a special spray gun. Obv. you need a compressor and you've got to put it on stands AND when you get it in your hair it doesn't come out! The top black 'wax' coating dries rock hard and looks really good.

No I've just got to get around to doing the rest!

I recently pulled chunks of Waxoyl out of my chassis where it had rotted leaving complete flakes of wax on top of rust layers that had penetrated from inside. This was removed with the angle grinder and recipricating saw as I chopped chunks off the chassis.

Dinitrol having thinner wax might have helped saturate the rust with wax rather than just sit on it.

Latest posts