Why don't I have a "VOLKSWAGEN" tailgate script?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gents

I had two set of holes one on either side, I have lokked around at other vans but no sign of any additional badges got any ideas :?: :idea:

I have welded mine up for a cleaner look.

On my old van it used to shred the sponge when I washed & makes it tricky to polish.

Ianscooby - from what I've read and seen the badge is 'normally' mounted on the left of the tailgate.
Any extras are normally owner made with after market badges 'Deluxe' 'love and peace' 'camper' or the older volkswagen scripts etc....
Or it could be that it was ordered with the script on the right so the left will have been hidden by the factory.

I saw an automatic van in the US once and it had an 'automatic' badge on the tailgate, looked like a factory job too, maybe your tailgate has been replaced with an auto one at some point.

Hmmmmmmmmmm!, not sure about it being an auto and the lid looked orig, may look into this further with numbers etc

If the holes look factory then the likely hood is that it was ordered with badge to the right and only later blanked.

wibbler said:
I saw an automatic van in the US once and it had an 'automatic' badge on the tailgate, looked like a factory job too, maybe your tailgate has been replaced with an auto one at some point.

This gets my vote!!

;)

Latest posts