Wich beam adjusters

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Which adjusters should i go for?
Albatross adjusters from bus boys 187 pounds :shock:
AC498210.jpg

instructions-beam6.gif

Or the beam adjusters from creative engineering 95 pounds
Beam_Adjusters_493fa59b0e0a4.jpg

If it was me I would go for the ones from T2D that from memory are about £110, machining on the teeth is absolutely spot on whereas I think the ones from Creative are still the cast ones and they don't always mesh that well.

Just my opinion of course :mrgreen:

Graham L said:
If it was me I would go for the ones from T2D that from memory are about £110, machining on the teeth is absolutely spot on whereas I think the ones from Creative are still the cast ones and they don't always mesh that well.

Just my opinion of course :mrgreen:

i`m pretty sure that t2d get their adjusters from creative - the ones i bought from them xmas time were creative ones as far as i could tell. I did have a pic of them but can`t find it! very good quality though.

Mike

Don't think they are, they are either CSP ones or from their supplier in Holland, see a few posts up,

when i spoke to t2d at new year, he said they`d just changed their supplier - didn`t say who, but they look very similiar to me. Anyway, they were very good quality :)

Graham L said:
If it was me I would go for the ones from T2D that from memory are about £110, machining on the teeth is absolutely spot on

^^^^^^Without a doubt!! ^^^^^^

Just bought some of these and they are superb!! ;) Dont think they get them from creative, the creative ones ive seen are cast or forged and look fair rough compared to these :D

Mike

Compare the picture of yours to the ones in the first post and you should see the difference, look at the edges and the way yours mesh and the shape of the piece that moves, they are completely different,

I have the Albatross ones, the teeth are staggered if you know what I mean (like a saw blade) to reduce slippage. Also another point to mention is that some people have trouble with chunky adjusters where the gear link rod fouls the top adjuster bolt. Albatross ones are recessed... pricey tho :shock:

Graham L said:
Mike

Compare the picture of yours to the ones in the first post and you should see the difference, look at the edges and the way yours mesh and the shape of the piece that moves, they are completely different,

ah - ok then - fair enough! i see where the edges chamfer off. nice panel van by the in your signature - is that a new company van?

regarding the recessed albatross ones - that would be very helpful if they didn`t foul the gear shift rod. its something i find extremely annoying. if i ever wnat to put my van back to stock height, i can`t because of this without modifying the shift rod. Its something the compaines who sell these adjusters never advertise. They certainly don`t provide full adjustment stock to lowered - not on the upper axle adjuster anyway.

Anyone got a pic how much the "bulky ones" clear the shifter rod?
The albatross adjusters clear the shift rod the best but ....mm, pricey (170 pounds from just aircooled).
I will ask BUSBOYS how much shipping is for these babies from the US.

looking for a new set of adjusters now, the t2d ones pictured on the site look like
14_0.JPG

they dont look all that to me.

the csp ones from machine7 et al look lots better
250-dscf1327.jpg

any one got t2d ones recently? are the the same as the pic or what?

fyi had a set of CE ones before.. and they look like the pics.. quiet bulky really i thought..

I bought these ... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Bus-Type2-Avis-Beam-Adjusters_W0QQitemZ330402810051QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4ced8ac8c3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They were cheap but the ratchety type bit is good enough trouble is the bolt or M14 stud was not very good quality...

October09332.jpg

Luckily Alan from Volksbolts has been working very hard to produce some top quality replacements for them :)

Should have just spent my money on a decent set in the first place I suppose , hindsights worth a million pounds an ounce lol

If anyone needs to replace theirs Alan is getting about 10 made up, not cheap but worth it for your safety :)

Wagens West adjusters are the shit. If you want to avoid the shift rod interference problems, just flip the adjuster to the other side of the tube and redimple the torsions to match

i've just bought CSP ones this morning as the t2d pics are awful

Latest posts