Window Latches

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lupa

Reaction score
Hello, just joined the forum, have a 1969 Californian import which has sliding aluminium Jalousie windows (not the usual louver ones) but the latches are all broken. They are tiny 38mm long and 10mm wide with a knob that twists over to stop it opening/sliding, a bit like a fitch latch for sash window I think its called a t-handle. I've been searching for replacement for a couple of months now the usual places online and in shops/ironmongers but nothing comes close (they are just so small). Has anyone seen these before, does anyone know where on earth I can look now? Last resort, other than to replace the windows completely (but as nothing in the bus is standard doubtful anything will fit), is to have them specially made which not sure I can afford either option. Your help much appreciated. Thanks, Lupa.

Sorry tried uploading a picture but keeps telling me its invalid.

Hi again, done some more research and discovered even though my 69 Bay is a panel van converted by Sundial it has Riviera sliding picture windows, anyone know where I can get replacement latches for it? Many thanks, Mary.

Sunny3020-1.jpg
- exterior photo
sambarivierawindowpicture-1.jpg
- what it would have originally looked like
SunnyWindows001.jpg
- close up of the broken one

i responded to your post on thesamba where someone gave you a link to a site but you said they would not ship to you. if you buy them and have them shipped to me in California i will forward them on to you for the cost of the postage. i have the same username there too.

Latest posts