Window Winder broken - anyone got any diagrams?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kopperdrake

Reaction score
Hey people :)

I went to wind my window up the other day, something snapped and the window glass just dropped into the door.

Took the door card off and found the metal U-bracket that runs the length of the glass at the base has a small square bracket in the middle, attached by a couple of bolts. Asides from one of these bolts being missing, this bracket was obviously attached to something else - as there's a gap in the metals where something has sheared off. I can only assume it was attached somehow to the flexible threaded spring that goes up and down when you wind the handle, but I can't for the life of me figure out how it's all meant to look (access ain't great is it!). Does anyone have a diagram of the whole mechanism so I can get my head around it? I'm going to take the other door card off too, but as I said, it's not the easiest thing to get my head in to :)

Okay - I've figured it out. That small squarish bracket that looked like something had sheared off of is meant to run in the vertical channel. I couldn't see the channel as it faces away from you if you're looking in at the door. Reckon that missing bolt caused the shearing - at least I know what to look out for :D

Move along...nothing to see here (now) ;)

Latest posts