Winter use -demister and heating etc?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heated front screen will cost about the same if not a little cheaper than buying a pair of heat exchangers and exhaust plus getting any pipes etc you may need.

I can tell you that if you buy an aftermarket exhaust and try to run the heater it will work but not as good as stock. I had a stock exhaust last year and my heater worked so well I had to turn it down most of the time. This year I have an after market exhaust and I had to run the tubes that go to the fan down to the heater box itself. Bypassing the normally there connection that is on the first pipe of a stock exhaust. I can tell you that first pipe makes a huge difference. With out it my heat takes a longer amount of time to get hot and it isn't as hot as last year.

This year I have a Buddy Heater tied in the walkthrough area. I turn that on first thing. Then once the bus warms up, usually about 10 miles out now, I turn on the bus heater. Sometimes I can turn the Buddy Heater off after that but depends on how cold it is. The heat coming out of the bus heater is just warm, not hot like last year.

I have ambulance fans installed for the demister. Most the time the only reason I have to use it is because the Buddy Heater produces heat fast and that makes the cab fog up a bit. I just turn the fans on low till it is clear and turn them off, by that time the cab is heated up enough to not fog the window the rest of the trip. This is with no rain though. I don't know what it will do once it starts raining.

I am going to try to find an old exhaust and take the heater connector off the first pipe and try to come up with a way to use it on my after market exhaust. One day that is. LOL Right now I don't want to take the bus apart to mess with it. I may try something later down the road when we have it apart already.

Latest posts