wiring up a rev counter

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattie

Reaction score
Hi all
I picked up a 80mm vdo rev counter this weekend from Just Kampers open day it didn't come complete (£30) and needs a screw lock (any help with this would be appreciated)
The other thing is as I have belly pans its hard to send any wires under the bus so your input is welcome. :sign0009:

I have alot of wiring running under the carpet in the cab, along one edge of the walk through section, around the back of the front bulkhead and then along the side of the 'van. You will need to drill a small hole through the top of the engine bay.

Otherwise you could route up the A post along the top and down the C post, follow the bottom of the window channel and again, through a drilled hole in the top of the engine bay.

Hope this helps...
Jim

B&Q sell rods for running wiring in cavity walls. Like a thick nylon line a couple of mm in diameter with different attachments on the end. I am considering buying one and running it through the wiring conduit and pulling through a couple of extra wires, one for the rev counter and a spare or two. Not tried it yet, but worth giving it a go.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

What I did on mine was doing its rebuild I ran a conduit from the front chassis cross member to the rear chassis cross member and ran through it a multi core cable which I terminated under the dash next to the fuse box with a multi terminal connector and a matching connector in the engine bay behind the right light cluster. Now, if I want to add anything extra at the back I just have to pick off the same point in the connector, front and back and job done!

I appreciate running a heavy multicore with belly pans on may be more hassle but it may be worth it, just in case you want to add anything else in the future, maybe rear fog light, or oil temp and pressure guages?

Thanks to you both
I would like to run a multi core cable but the belly pans are a pain in the ass.
What ever did VW do to pass the wire through?

Latest posts