wont start

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldskoolboy

Reaction score
Hi guys drove from somerset to volksworld show good trip but would not start when i left for home.
it took 31/2 to get there stopped halfway and it restarted first time, when arrived at show parked and
all seemed well,until i tried to re park and wouldnot restart. got a bump start home
battery is fine gave starter motor a whack still nothing!!! any ideas regards mike

does engine turn over and it won't fire or just wont turn over?

If its the later, check the bolts holding the starter motor on are tight ..

report back for more ideas! ;)

Does it click on the key (solenoid fires) or nothing nothing?
And is it working now or still no good?
If the battery is fine, it's wiring, switch or starter (usually solenoid).

Start by making sure all the connections are clean and tight, the starter wiring has a long run and voltage drop is a killer.
Next thing I would check is the switch in the steering column - short the wiring and see if it turns.
Duff switch is quite common and folk often replace their starter before finding this out....

Hi guys when i turn the ignition key i can hear two clicks one from ignition starter and one from solenoid checked and cleaned all connections if it is an ignition starter problem how do i take it off?
I have undone steering column but cant see how to get ignition starter off/ how do i check if it is ignition? you say join wires, can you explain the fine art of hot wiring!!!!!

sounds more like the starter if you can hear the soleniod clicking, best to take it off and test on the bench.

or when underneath try shorting a piece of wire between the larger cable and the connection on the solenoid, just make sure its not in gear :lol:

Hi guys all sorted replaced starter motor (easy when i worked out mounting nut was behind fan housing) thanks for your help.mike

Latest posts