• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTD: Rear Tinware

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy11

Reaction score
Wanted - piece of rear tinware, the piece that the heater hoses go through, must be genuine VW, been struggling fitting a repro piece, I don't why they even bother makin this stuff !

Thanks
Andy

There is the odd piece on there but not seen the piece I want :-(

Have you looked here
http://www.partsemporium.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have two left both an't 100% £40 each

null_zps648b8879.jpg

Heater hoses don't go through those bits Kank. It's the part with the round holes I guess he needs

Yes sorry those are front tin not rear.....

I've only got a twin hotspot rear tin

Apologies for taking so long to come back to you - did you get hold of the tinware? If not I have dug this one out of the garage - I've given it a thorough grit blasting so that you can see that there is not rot / holes. ther is some minor pitting but nothing serious. Its an original German VW part.

I would like £25 + £7 p&p for it.

thats the one ! I'd given up, really struggling to find one, PM your details and I'll pay up :)

Sorry to jump on the thread... Are these the seals for the 2 fresh air hoses? Which way up do they go?

113119571B.jpg

Cheers!

cymrusteve - there seems to be two types -thin (as in your pic) and thick - I have the thick type which have vw part numbers on em -

(as can be seen, pic borrowed from VW Heritage site! - they sell both types)

I never knew there were 2 types - not sur which way up the thin ones go - the thick ones go with the "tapered" end pointing upwards. Maybe the thin ones go the other way up?

Thanks for the reply. I quite like the look of the thick ones. Might have to splash out and get some :)

Latest posts