You got to love a white Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice photo as found on the internet ;)
54200_495058503852097_1863486932_o.jpg

Nothing big to report at the moment, Westy is warm in the garage and getting some new rubbers this winter (doors, sliding door etc.)
Maybe going to polisch the louvres :shock: Also tested the Monroe's at the back (ma824), they give me a lift of 5cm 8) so will place some this winter with another 4valves including air tank (not present at the moment). So she will lift around 5cm all around 8) with the flick of a button, nice for heavy holiday touring. Also ordered a set of Gabriel Hijackers with the same proportions as the Monroe's to test :msn4: why?: they have a sleeve all around the airbag an go to 200psi (instead of the monroe's 150psi).

Greetings mycha

radish said:
Mycha what towbar do you have?

Hey, i bought it 2ehand, it has a bracket between the chassislegs and fits under the motor cover. The best part is that it has a removable knob 8) and mounters up very high :D

mychatype3 said:
Nice photo as found on the internet ;)
54200_495058503852097_1863486932_o.jpg

Nothing big to report at the moment, Westy is warm in the garage and getting some new rubbers this winter (doors, sliding door etc.)
Maybe going to polisch the louvres :shock: Also tested the Monroe's at the back (ma824), they give me a lift of 5cm 8) so will place some this winter with another 4valves including air tank (not present at the moment). So she will lift around 5cm all around 8) with the flick of a button, nice for heavy holiday touring. Also ordered a set of Gabriel Hijackers with the same proportions as the Monroe's to test :msn4: why?: they have a sleeve all around the airbag an go to 200psi (instead of the monroe's 150psi).

Greetings mycha

héhéhéhhééhéhhéhé ;) Welcome to the club!

High is the new low :lol: :lol: :lol:

Testing the Gabriels at the front 7,5cm lift max :shock:
(min 53,5cm/20psi max. 61cm/200psi) My driving hight is on 120psi = 57cm (ground to arch)

IMG_1436.jpg

200psi not for driving just for bad camping roads.... :p

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad112/mychatype3/?action=view&current=Gabriels120psi.mp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

120 psi with electronic up and down valves

Greetings mycha

mychatype3 said:
High is the new low :lol: :lol: :lol:

Testing the Gabriels at the front 7,5cm lift max :shock:
(min 53,5cm/20psi max. 61cm/200psi) My driving hight is on 120psi = 57cm (ground to arch)

IMG_1436.jpg

200psi not for driving just for bad camping roads.... :p

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad112/mychatype3/?action=view&current=Gabriels120psi.mp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

120 psi with electronic up and down valves

Greetings mycha

That's a huge lift, the Monroe shocks don't come close to that!
Please tell me more
Thanks Waltz fae Scotland

waltz19 said:
That's a huge lift, the Monroe shocks don't come close to that!
Please tell me more
Thanks Waltz fae Scotland

Nice he :D the Gabriels are bigger and have a sleeve around the bag (so they don't expend but go up 8) and nice and protected for the elements).

Gabriel (left) versus Monroe (right)
IMG_1434.jpg

Doing test at the moment, when i now they are really ok and good, I will share the part numbers ;)

Kind regards from Holland, mycha

Thanks for that.

I am running Monroe's and they are great day to day, running back and forward to work etc but for the hols when you are all loaded up they sometimes rub.
This could be a wee job for me before EBI next year.

Thanks again Alan

Winter-job, some detailing ;) for the Fuchsie

1997_10200499862164436_831998477_n.jpg

The end of February my 8-valve set-up, 4 air shocks, 1 gallon airtank and small stuff will be in from the US, if everything is going as planed she will lift around 7cm all around 8).

greetings from Holland Mycha
IMG_1295.jpg

When is the summer coming :roll: hate the cold and the wet wether....

Heebee_GB said:
Love it Mycha.
Hows the scooby conversion coming on?

Thanks, scooby project is pushed up a year of two, Will doing it but only once and good, some big money is going in the gearbox (reversed crown and pion) so i will take my time 8)

Three years ago when i installed the airshocks i place my compressor behind the passenger seat, with the Recaro-Seats it was a tight fit!!!

So i placed it out of sight under the seat 8)

From this:
P1010271.jpg

To this:
IMG_1529.jpg

And it's al in the details, on/off switch 8)
IMG_1530.jpg

Greetings Mycha

Got to say that's some fine work and attention to detail that's gone into making that westy one of best I've seen.. Great work!!!:)

Yesterday I collected this (for free 8) ) 9liter air-tank, it's from aluminum and with some creativity it will fit inside the bellypan (under my fridge) :shock:

IMG_1533.jpg

Greetings Mycha
fotoA.jpg

Latest posts