You got to love a white Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mychatype3 said:
waltz19 said:
That's a huge lift, the Monroe shocks don't come close to that!
Please tell me more
Thanks Waltz fae Scotland

Nice he :D the Gabriels are bigger and have a sleeve around the bag (so they don't expend but go up 8) and nice and protected for the elements).

Gabriel (left) versus Monroe (right)
IMG_1434.jpg

Doing test at the moment, when i now they are really ok and good, I will share the part numbers ;)

Kind regards from Holland, mycha

Hi Mycha,

I need to get some "air" in my life :D :D :D

Any chance you could let us know how the Gabrial are working?? oh and a part number would be good.

cheers

Collecting parts:
IMG_1631.jpg

Not much time for Westy, having exams/education for my work :oops:
Hope to install the parts next month, all around air shocks 8)

Greetings from Holland, mycha

Hello Mycha looks very good!
I have the monro 824 airshocks, after mailing with you.
Looking at shocks for the rear also.
I see that you are going for the Gabriels...and the specs look good 7,5cm off travel.. :D
Can't find them here, you ordered them in usa. Good service and were did you ordered them.
I think off putting the 824 on the rear and the Gabriels on the front.
Now i have only the pump and shocks....when fitting 4 i need tank and valves.

Love reading youre storries here..keep them comming... :)

boarder69 said:
Hello Mycha looks very good!
I have the monro 824 airshocks, after mailing with you.
Looking at shocks for the rear also.
I see that you are going for the Gabriels...and the specs look good 7,5cm off travel.. :D
Can't find them here, you ordered them in usa. Good service and were did you ordered them.
I think off putting the 824 on the rear and the Gabriels on the front.
Now i have only the pump and shocks....when fitting 4 i need tank and valves.

Love reading youre storries here..keep them comming... :)

Hello,

Yes ordered the Gabriels in the US, they are stronger than the Monroe's ;) Ordered them through Amazon.com. When placing air-shocks all around a air-tank is a must is think.

I'm building my new set-up at the moment so updates with experience soon 8)

Lucky i'm not colorblind :lol:

534041_574713799219900_1639932324_n.jpg

He Mycha,

I've found my air-present in the bus ;-) Thnx for ordering!
Looking good . . . Did you wired the valves yourself? Next week I'm starting with the air setup for Lefty ;-) The new beam is almost ready!

Mycha why do you need 8 valves? Is it in/out for each shock? Also could you use just the pump for lifting and lowering either front or back.

Cheers Darius

radish said:
Mycha why do you need 8 valves? Is it in/out for each shock? Also could you use just the pump for lifting and lowering either front or back.

Cheers Darius

Hey Darius,
8-valve set-up is indeed every corner in and out ;) (I call it the deluxe version :lol: ).
It's possible to only use the pump and fittings to go up and with an inflation-valve or a manual-ball-valve to let the air out. When you do that place a check valve between compressor and shocks.

Working on the new interior, new wood, placing all the electra, gas, water and air ride parts out of side 8)

my little helper ;)

Working hard to get all the parts in place, hope to have 4corner lift this week on installed valves 8)
Rear 7cm on 180psi (max. 200psi is possible with the system and the shocks).

Also updating the rear brakes, Carrera II alu brembo, the swimsattels are to big in the rear in combination with the airshocks :oops:
foto-19.jpg

Greetz Mycha

Latest posts