You got to love a white Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quality work! Love how the black(wires, linkage,etc) pops against the white... soooo clean!

...also what is the parts list (and cost) to do the disc brake conversion on the rear?

Airtime said:
Well done Mycha! 8) I really can't wait to see it finished.

I assume you're going to paint the front axle?

Thanks, it's coming together, hard work but it looks cool (the underside will be better than the top :mrgreen: )
Yes i will paint it black together with the dropped Spindles.

Hope to put it on it's wheels in 2 weeks from now.

muntz70 said:
Quality work! Love how the black(wires, linkage,etc) pops against the white... soooo clean!

...also what is the parts list (and cost) to do the disc brake conversion on the rear?

The 944 on the rear are special plates from Oldspeed from the USA, 350 dollar.
The rest are original handbrake parts plus two used brake calipers (150 euro on the brake yard), set to renew the calipers (20 euro), two disks (new from e-bay 200euro), new brake pads (45euro). Not cheap but very cool and the perfect way to mount my gasburners :lol:

Greetings mycha

Love your paint job...
This is an excellent topic!
keep on the good work.

Cheers from Portugal!
8)

joaonar said:
Love your paint job...
This is an excellent topic!
keep on the good work.

Cheers from Portugal!
8)

THANK, cool that this forum has people from all over the world.

ib-bus said:
Excellent work , that shop looks amazing too , congratulations on finding such a solid bus.

Thans, i'm very happy with a photo-ebay-buy :oops: turned out a perfect deal :D
Love my shop (garage) worked hard for it.

Yesterday was a busy day for the postman :mrgreen:

P1010125.jpg

944 front brake hubs;
Hose for the brake servo;
Hose and fittings (goodridge) for the fuelsystem;
Parts and gauges for the air-shock's (front beam);

Greetings Mycha
the Netherlands :)

Hella all,

It's time for a update, did alot off small stuf.......not picture-proof :oops:
The van is coming together and the last parts for my own build front beam are in.
Special spacers for the shock's. The will be welded to the beam.

Greetz mycha

P1010146.jpg

P1010147.jpg

P1010140.jpg

P1010141.jpg

P1010148.jpg

P1010150.jpg

P1010151.jpg

top quality work on the running gear of this bus! 8) will you be able to raise/lower it? and by how much?

Johnny said:
top quality work on the running gear of this bus! 8) will you be able to raise/lower it? and by how much?

THANKS, i've the monroe MA803 shock's. I don't no yet what they will do...... hope to have the van on it's wheels between now and 10day's. I'm waiting on my dropped spindels (transporterhaus) and together with the adjuster it will be nice and low..... 8) On the forums i read that the shock's will lift ca. 5 - 6cm :?: Yesterday evening i tested the shock's with my own weight on the beam (72kg) and it pust me-up easy :lol:

Keep you posted.
Greetings Mycha

Hello again,

It’s time for a update, did some painting;

Front beam is ready, starting the build-up next week :D
Engine-tin will be coated and painted the inlet manifold.
Made a hose for the brake servo.

P1010152.jpg

P1010156.jpg

P1010155.jpg

P1010158.jpg

P1010162.jpg

P1010163.jpg

P1010164.jpg

Greetz mycha

dubscum said:
i think you might have O.C.D. which means your bus is super tight and gonna finish super tidy (like factory) amazing stuff :D

I agree... this is some amazing display of patience and attention to detail (qualities I lack :( )

Sneak Preview:

Tonight i fitted the front beam, i’m waiting on my dropped spindels but i couldn’t wait to have a look :oops: :msn4:
So i did a test fit with the original spindels, Nice tuck 8)

P1010167.jpg

P1010168.jpg

Greetz mycha

THANKS boys, this weekend the „transporterhaus” spindels will arrive. Monday i have a day of work so the fun stuff will begin 8)
Monday i will put on the spindels, airschocks and the 944 front brakes. Hope to make some photo’s in the sun outside :p

Greetings mycha

Time for a update, had some fun this weekend:

Made the hose for the brake servo, mounted the rear brakes, made some broke hoses, installed all the electra in the engine compartment, installed the rear lights and some small stuff.

Photo’s say more then words:

P1010175.jpg

P1010176.jpg

P1010178.jpg

P1010180.jpg

P1010181.jpg

P1010169.jpg

This weekend i hope (at last) the dropped spindels will arrive and i can put here on here shoes’s :mrgreen:

Greetings mycha

The doctor told me to do something if my physical reaction to this bus lasted more than four hours, but man, I am rather enjoying myself. :D

Bad ass my man. Bad ass.

Hey mycha, nice build!

The 4 porsche discs is great to drive, but with the servo I guess it'll be even better..

You found a clean solution for the handbrake cables?

Latest posts