You got to love a white Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, This weekend I had a bit off time for the Westy :D

- changed the poptop tent, damn what a work :evil: :
- cleaned the roof and wax it;
- changed the roof rubbers;
- installed the last curtains;;
- placed the inside rubbers of the louvre windows;
- painted the inner-arches „again :oops: „ the original shocks where to soft, now with the airshock’s it’s perfect
(when i drive i raise it by 2,5/3cm).

Three weeks to go then we start the big trip „honeymoon to the northcape Norway”
Still a lot to do :roll: ; installing the eberspacher, mounting a radio, installing the valves and the gauges for the airshock’s, installing a towbar.

Greetz Mycha

P1010251.jpg

P1010267.jpg

P1010266.jpg

P1010261.jpg

P1010260.jpg

P1010258.jpg

P1010256.jpg

P1010255.jpg

everything about this bus is awesome, the running gear, the interior, the stance.... 8)

Hello all,

it’s time for a update. I had some busy weeks....... Were are married on the 5th of june and now on our honeymoon trip to the North-cape (Norway an Finland). The Westy is doing great, cruises like a new one ;), she get’s a lot of attention :D.
The porsche brakes and the golfII servo are working great it’s nice to have some extra brakes on the german „ autobahn”.
Winter plans are also made; refresh the interior wood, new vinyl floor and building my type4 (2,2Liter = 71x100mm with nikasil cylinders from a 911 8) ).

Kind regards from Finland, Helsinki at the moment ;)
Mycha & Kim

DSCN1384.jpg

Wedding
P1010403.jpg

Westy on the boot to Finland
P1010398.jpg

Lunch :D
P1010393.jpg

Home just before we our start of the trip!
P1010366.jpg

The wedding cars

Congratulations and hope the honeymoon goes well. Been in Bergen on a fishing trip but it was a flying stop. I'm jealous as id love to take the bay up that way some day.

Well done on the wedding and hope the tour (sorry, meant honeymoon) goes well ;)

Hello all,

Still in Finland, 680km to go to the Northcape, Westy is still going strong.
She is killing al the bugs overhear :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
P1010458.jpg

P1010461.jpg

Greetings mycha

dubscum said:
congrats on the wedding. Really perfect bus! nice bikes too 8)

I make dubscum words mine! :mrgreen:
You need a bra on your bus ;) ... those damned bugs :mrgreen:
Have a great honeymoon!!

8)

THANKS guy’s for all the complements :D
At the moment were are in Norway and it’s raining :| but hey were sitting in Westy comfortable with a cup of tea and internet :mrgreen:. Tomorrow were going on whale safari how cool is that 8) .

We already did more than 3500km and the Westy didn’t hesitate one moment. I’m so happy with the porsche brakes the van is fully loaded with stuff and two bikes at the back but down hill is no problem (more than 11% some times :shock: ) when i want her to stop she will......... ;)

My second love are the air shocks, they are very very very nice...... pumped up to 7psi when the roads are bad (and i can tell you they can be bumpy here :evil: ) the perform super. When the road is in good condition i drive them around 4 to 5psi nice and smooth. I have 175/65/15 front tires (loadindex 84) and with the dropped spindels and just a bit on the top adjuster sometimes they rub the inner arch but pumped up to 7 or 8psi they raise my Westy up to around 4-5cm :D.

Grreetings Mycha

P1010439.jpg

P1010525.jpg

P1010544.jpg

P1010567.jpg

P1010582.jpg

P1010588.jpg

hie micha
as i've already told you your bus is so nice!
I would like to ask you something about your shocks
(My second love are the air shocks, they are very very very nice...... pumped up to 7psi when the roads are bad (and i can tell you they can be bumpy here ) the perform super. When the road is in good condition i drive them around 4 to 5psi nice and smooth. I have 175/65/15 front tires (loadindex 84) and with the dropped spindels and just a bit on the top adjuster sometimes they rub the inner arch but pumped up to 7 or 8psi they raise my Westy up to around 4-5cm .)
Are they still the MA803 or the others you told us about?
Where did you put the compressor? have you got other installation whith controller and stuff?
I really think to do something like you because i use my bus like you (long trip and holidays..) and sometimes it is a bit hard!
And what are your shocks on rear?
thanks again, and congratulations for your wedding
Boris from france

ps: my post: http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17876" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

boboriris said:
hie micha
as i've already told you your bus is so nice!
I would like to ask you something about your shocks
Are they still the MA803 or the others you told us about?
Where did you put the compressor? have you got other installation whith controller and stuff?
I really think to do something like you because i use my bus like you (long trip and holidays..) and sometimes it is a bit hard!
And what are your shocks on rear?
thanks again, and congratulations for your wedding
Boris from france

ps: my post: http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17876" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He Boris,

Just checked your post, nice bay man, love it. Looking sharp on the fuchs.

Yes in the front are the ma803 shocks. I have the other set ready (ma824) but didn’t have the time to fit them. I modified the shocks so the have a bigger hose fittings (= better air flow). I have a compressor on board to pump them up (at the back of the passenger seat) and a airlift set with gauge and valves.
P1010271.jpg

P1010278.jpg

P1010125.jpg

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AIR-25802/

At he back are at the moment Spax adjustable shocks, they are nice but loaded up with the camping stuff and the two bikes the Westy is a bit to low (riding on my bumpstops at the moment). So winter-plans are to try airshocks for the back and when they don’t hold-up ........air-backs.......

Greetings Mycha

Latest posts