You got to love a white Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guy’s doing my best 8)

roland said:
Hey mycha, nice build!
The 4 porsche discs is great to drive, but with the servo I guess it'll be even better..
You found a clean solution for the handbrake cables?

Thanks can’t wait to have a spin :D
Do you drive your bus with the original master-cylinder?

The cables at the back work nice with the horse shoe plates and some extra tube extensions, in the front i tided them together (the cables from Oldspeed (clutch cable) with the original handbrake cable).
I’ve tried to do it with the original handbrake cable but didn’t get is done, the extensions were to long it was not nice.

Greetings mycha

I said before, but man you do great work. I can't wait until this is done......

P1010176.jpg

life is sooooooo unfair!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

you must be proud!!!! love it!!! 8) 8) 8)

Westy on Wheels :D

I had a busy weekend, mounted the dropped spindels and build op the complete 944 brakes in front.
Was a lot of hard work, had to tap al the bolt breaches, repaired the spindel-tap of the left spindel.
(The modifications on the transporterhaus spindels are nice but badly painted and all damaged bolt breaches :oops: :? )

I’m a happy fellow the outcome is very nice if i may say so 8) , front 57,5cm from bottom to wheel-arch, tires 165/15/65.
Rear horse shoe plates with 195/65/15 and no engine so it will drop a little :) (i hope)

P1010198.jpg

P1010199.jpg

P1010203.jpg

P1010204.jpg

P1010207.jpg

Saturday I started the buildup of the engine. It’s a mexico 1600 engine with was in the bus when i bought it. Renewed all the gaskets and powder-coated the engine tin and painted the rest (exhaust, heaterboxes)

P1010193.jpg

P1010195.jpg

Kind regards from the Netherlands
Mycha

The last day’s it was Westy time;

- build up the dashboard, installed km/uur gage instead of mph;
- Mounted the front bumper including the nos overrider pads;
- tested the air shock’s (ma 803 monroe), ordered the ma 824 for a better range 8);
- Put on new tires in front 175/65/15 with loadindex 84;
- installed my flat4 GTV steering wheel;
- put on the headlights (H4) white indicator lights;
- All the lights and al the electra works;
- Engine is ready and will be installed Wednesday;
- installed the brake-lines;

Was a busy weekend not much photo’s, sorry :oops: ,

P1010218.jpg

P1010220.jpg

The Monroe air shocks Ma803 will lift 3cm when i lower it more it will race 4,5cm (the shock is on it’s and) so i ordered longer ones 8)

Kind regards from the netherlands
Mycha

Today made some nice process:

Build in the motor. put on the back bumper, installed the curtains and put on a new covers on the bank and the buddy-seat.

Greetz Mycha

P1010225.jpg

P1010226.jpg

P1010231.jpg

P1010234.jpg

P1010237.jpg

I falled in love for your ride! You are doing an incredible job

I have a question:
When you said: tested the air shock’s (ma 803 monroe), ordered the ma 824 for a better range ;
I'm surprised. In fact I thought that theses shocks are only available for beetle because of the weight. Have you ever try the MA803 or MA824 on a bus and on the road? Do you think they could support the bus weight?
Where could we find theses air-shocks? Pete (from airkweld) tell me that we have to use big ones from firestone as in his airide kit for buses especially because of the....weight.

Well done anyway
Boris from France :)

mychatype3 said:
The Monroe air shocks Ma803 will lift 3cm when i lower it more it will race 4,5cm (the shock is on it’s and) so i ordered longer ones 8)

Kind regards from the netherlands
Mycha

Mycha... I just love your thread. I have so many questions for you that I just don't know where to start :mrgreen:
This video is excellent...
Can you show me where's your air compressor for the shocks?
Another question: why did you change your front beam?
:oops:

THANKS guy's.

boboriris said:
I falled in love for your ride! You are doing an incredible job

I have a question:
When you said: tested the air shock’s (ma 803 monroe), ordered the ma 824 for a better range ;
I'm surprised. In fact I thought that theses shocks are only available for beetle because of the weight. Have you ever try the MA803 or MA824 on a bus and on the road? Do you think they could support the bus weight?
Where could we find theses air-shocks? Pete (from airkweld) tell me that we have to use big ones from firestone as in his airide kit for buses especially because of the....weight.

Well done anyway
Boris from France :)

Hello Boris,

Monroe sells these shocks for all kind off cars (BIG American muscle cars :lol: ), they can have an extra weight off 1200lbs http://www.monroe.com/products/maxair.asphttp://www.monroe.com/catalog/documents/08_MountingLengthSheet.pdf page 16. in Holland and in the UK there are several people running these shocks 8) I have not driven them yet...... next week i will take my van to the MOT for my registration number (licence-plate). After that i will put the shocks on and go testing them :msn4:

joaonar said:
Mycha... I just love your thread. I have so many questions for you that I just don't know where to start :mrgreen:
This video is excellent...
Can you show me where's your air compressor for the shocks?
Another question: why did you change your front beam?
:oops:

He Joaonar,
Thanks man, i love reading your thread it's great to see all the love you give the familly van :D . In the video the compressor is on the floor off my garage (testing). I will install the compressor behind my seats or in the buddyseat. I changend my beam because off the lowering, now my wheels won't rub the "innerarch bump" :p You don't like the look?
If you have any questions please let me now.

Kind regards Mycha

Monroe sells these shocks for all kind off cars (BIG American muscle cars ), they can have an extra weight off 1200lbs http://www.monroe.com/products/maxair.asphttp://www.monroe.com/catalog/documents/08_MountingLengthSheet.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; page 16. in Holland and in the UK there are several people running these shocks I have not driven them yet...... next week i will take my van to the MOT for my registration number (licence-plate). After that i will put the shocks on and go testing them

Thank you so much
tell us what is the quality of your ride as soon as you put them on.
Will you sell the ma803 afte?
Is it possible to put them on rear as well?
Bye
Boris

„boboriris” said:
Thank you so much
tell us what is the quality of your ride as soon as you put them on.
Will you sell the ma803 afte?
Is it possible to put them on rear as well?
Bye Boris

He Boris,

I will let you no when they are on.
At the moment i will keep my ma803...... i also have a type3 fastback ;)
What i heard is that it is possible to put them on the rear. You have to pre-load them first or else the backs will blow!!!

Kind regards mycha

YE YES YES i've got it regristerd

Next week my licence plates will arrive and the Westy will cruise the streets of europa :D

In front i put on the airshock's. The van was to low :roll: with the 175/65/15 tires, they rubed in the arches. The shock's are perfect, the ride is smooth. At the moment the ma803 are on they raise the bus around 2.5cm with 80psi.

Made a test drive with 50km/uur on a bad road in town (big holes and thresholds) "WOUW" the shocks are great not stiff but smoot, they work perfect with the dropped spindels. The bus is 58cm (bottom to arch) with 15psi and 60,5cm with 80psi.

The Porsche-setup (4 disk-brakes around, GolfII servo and porsche mastercylinder 23/19) is perfect, nice balans and much much brake power :D.

This weekend i will make some new photo's ;)

Kind regards mycha

Latest posts