You got to love a white Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe its the oldspeed 944 rear brake set up which replaces the original backing plate and drum brakes with a bespoke plate to hold the 944 handbrake shoes, mechanism, disc and caliper. The stub axles are late bay shortened by 13mm from memory and the hubs are latebay redrilled to 5x130

EDIT:- Here you go --> HERE

Nick-Rackham said:
I believe its the oldspeed 944 rear brake set up which replaces the original backing plate and drum brakes with a bespoke plate to hold the 944 handbrake shoes, mechanism, disc and caliper. The stub axles are late bay shortened by 13mm from memory and the hubs are latebay redrilled to 5x130

EDIT:- Here you go --> HERE
Dogo said:
I hate to be a pest, but... what is your stub/hub set up in the rear like to be able to clear the Fuchs caps? the stub axle doesn't seem to be protruding much, and I don't think you've mentioned that you are running wheel spacers.
Thanks in advance

Jip, all the info in that topic. No spacers 8) converted late bay brakes with 944 disks :D

Cleaned the underside, not bad father 4 road years :shock: 8)

Also there’s some extra company in Westy-Palace, 1963 sqaureback :party0053:

Greetings from Holland Mycha

Thank you both.
Did you have to extend the thread on the axle to be able to press on the narrowed hub?
I don't think there's mention of it on that thread, but thought is ask just in case.

Dogo said:
Thank you both.
Did you have to extend the thread on the axle to be able to press on the narrowed hub?
I don't think there's mention of it on that thread, but thought is ask just in case.

Yes,

What to do:
- 12mm from the snout of the hub
- cut of 12mm of the axle and tap new thread for 12 mm
- make a new hole fore the safety pin

for who's interested 8) next month i have for sale:

complete Porsche - earlybay four disk brake set
set is plug and play 8)

- 4 new vented disks (front + rear)
- 2 early 944 hubs
- 4 swimsattel calipers with good brake pads, nicely painted (from my Westy)
- front caliper bracket
- spacers and new bearings for the 944 hubs on you early-spindel, modified dustcover
- rear brackets for caliper and original 944 handbrake mechanism-inside
- late bay hubs with shorted axles (15mm narrowed for fuchs, cosmic, gasburner etc.) and 5x 130 pdc.

Photo's and price on request: [email protected]

Greetings from Holland

mychatype3 said:
foto2-11.jpg
Love this shot.
Green with all kinds of envy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mychatype3 said:
(...)
Also building a new beam for my Westy with adjustable camber in the plates :msn4:

Kind regards mycha

Hello mycha.
I also have a question for you :oops: : what did you feel while driving your bus that made you decide to change your beam for this one with adjustable caster? :msn4:

Thanks.
João

joaonar said:
Hello mycha,
I also have a question for you :oops: : what did you feel while driving your bus that made you decide to change your beam for this one with adjustable caster? :msn4:

Thanks.
João

Hello,

My old beam is perfect, my west drives marvelous. In 2010 when i built this beam i needed to order 6 meters of tube (smaller sizes was not possible) so i had material to make three beams :p One is on my Westy, one is sold and one was laying on the attack waiting to be build. I’m driving power steering so not in need of the little pitman arm in the middle of the beam, I decided to build a nice custom beam for my westy in combination with the power steering - a nice and clean beam :D -. Now i’m building why not improve some things :lol: a build in bumpstop and some caster to try out!!

Greetings Mycha

Nice Mycha, what is the spec on the front dampers.
Do you still want the measurements of brackets for your lower arms ?

No worries mate looking good. what width are you building your new beam as ?

*Sam* said:
No worries mate looking good. what width are you building your new beam as ?

The new beam will be exactly the same width, only cleaner without central steering arm, extra bumpstop and reinforced shock towers greetings mycha

Forgive my ignorance, I'm probably missing something very obvious, but... Why the switch from the Gabriel's to the shockwaves? If I'm not mistaken, don't the shockwaves have less stroke?

Latest posts