You got to love a white Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To go low really low a lot has to be changed, details, details :oops:

Closed the hole from the new fuel hose;

New spare wheel tire going in to follow the lines of the rear tub;

25cm lift wil need some special shock towers;

mock-up inside wheel arch, will trim it down to fit the notch 8)

Big ass 4x4 shocks :shock: ;

The result of all the hard work, can change wheel without having to unbolt the shock;

A few welding nights and then starting on the front.
Greetings from Holland, mycha

Collecting parts 8) (damn expensive shit :lol:)

The new horse shoe, extended 8mm for shock clearance :p

Airbag brackets welded thanks to Ron@http://www.deboxer.nl

Also designed/build the rear engine tin to close the gap with the raise, beetle tin and three-piece rail so the fuel tank can still come out ;)

Most of the fabrication parts on the rear are ready, time now to weld it all up and start on the front :msn4:

I think I'm not the only one who is spending a lot of time in details, details and more details! :lol: Great work!!! Looking forward to see more updates!
Best regards
Reto

wow, top work you're doing on your bus, wish I had the skills and time to do that.
Hats off to you ! :mrgreen:

After some studie-time (for work) it's Westy time again, the rear custom-parts are welded; shocktowers, engine tin en tubs. Now it's time to close the tubs-sides and clean everything up for painting 8)

With a lift of 25cm the handbrake goos on when going low :oops: With some hybrid parts i got it working :msn4:
Porsche 944 rearbrake with beetle outercable, bus innercable and a empi short kit:

Love the fuchs :p video:

Finaly had some westy-time again :oops: Closed the tubbs on the inside and cleand up all the welds. Only the outside closing of the tubbs and cleaning the welds on the inside then prepping for paint and starting on the front 8)

Greetz mycha

Tubb project is finshed, finaly :oops: closed the outside and sprayed with some primer, happy with the results. No one will ever see it :lol: , when she lies on the ground, but hey I know it looks good, that counts :mrgreen:

Started on the rear engine tin, the raise of the gearbox and engine means custom all the way :p

Als cleaned the tubb inside and sprayed some primer on it, happy with the look 8)

Latest posts