You got to love a white Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
collecting parts, alway’s fun to use original vw stuff in a custom-way 8)

late bay cover with beetle part and some welding will close the tank with the gearbox raise :msn4:

*Sam* said:
Nice idea Mycha

Thanks i love to use original vw parts :D

late bay engine support bar and type III (notchback/fastback/square) engine brackets, lowest point now is 10cm higher then original mustache bar 8)

Greetz from Holland, mycha

Working on the new brackets for correcting the rear camber when going low:

Still had to close the notch plates, 5mm thick steel 8):

Also collecting parts for the new engine, 2110 cc (76 x 94):

Greetings from Holland Mycha

Excellent work - will work beautifully when finished no doubt :mrgreen:

When i made the air brackets and cross-bars i did not had the plan to raise the gearbox :p So the upper brackets was cut to create some space, now i made some extra brackets to tight it all in, even my eberspacher fits :msn4: 8)

Next is the finessing the motor mount then my friend (http://www.deboxer.nl) will weld all brackets and we can start on the brackets on the a-arms and do some testing with the airbags :D

Greetings mycha

Hi Mycha,

I've spend many hours going over this thread on your build of this beautiful bus! Everything is looking first class - well done!!

I wanted to pass along a huge thank you for all the sharing of info and pictures regarding your air ride. I've installed a similar system in my '78 (I know I know... not an early...) and it works like a dream! Running the Gabriels front and back for now but may upgrade to the Shockwaves next year.

Thanks again Mycha and keep up the outstanding work and attention to detail!

- Shawn

ps. Here's a link to some pics of what I did with mine. It's not perfect.... but I'm learning!

http://www.strictlygerman.ca/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=960" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FunkyDrummer said:
Hi Mycha,

I've spend many hours going over this thread on your build of this beautiful bus! Everything is looking first class - well done!!

I wanted to pass along a huge thank you for all the sharing of info and pictures regarding your air ride. I've installed a similar system in my '78 (I know I know... not an early...) and it works like a dream! Running the Gabriels front and back for now but may upgrade to the Shockwaves next year.

Thanks again Mycha and keep up the outstanding work and attention to detail!

- Shawn

ps. Here's a link to some pics of what I did with mine. It's not perfect.... but I'm learning!

http://www.strictlygerman.ca/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=960" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks huge complement, i like the hobby and experiment with parts to create a fun ride ;)
Looked at your topic, like your install nice and clean, love the wheels 8)

Latest posts