Zorst options

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonboylaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys,
I am looking to change my exhaust on the bus. Currently running a VS superflo, but am thinking of a twin-outlet beetle style, for the look and sound.
Engine is 1955cc, running heater boxes, plus I have a Westie type towbar from Gadget fitted. So, what are the options that will fit ?

If you seek achieving optimum horsepower and torque an old skool merged header and 'turbo muffler' is the best bang for buck. Ran this set up for a few years now but recently had a bespoke muffler made by Dyno max in the states which will tuck away under the bumper nicely.

Sadly not suitable for a tow bar, However a CSP python or a Turbo Thomas may fit the bill. The CSP is a lot of dosh. But being CSP will be impeccable quality. Ditch the VS Go to a 4 into 1 and your engine will feel so much more alive.

Hey Karl,
Thanks for the suggestions. I need to keep the tow bar as I take a trailer and am getting tempted by an Eriba. and don't think a merged header will fit. I'm not really looking for "the ultimate" at the moment, just fancy a bit of a change in sound and looks. I may end up going with a stock beetle box and Pea shooters as a cheap option.
The CSP does look special though, but I can't justify the dosh.

Midland paintwerks have a CSP for sale. They took it of their bus because of how loud it is.
A lot of the chaps on the SSVC are raving about exhausts made by Michael Housman, I believe he is based at Silverstone.
There is also exhaust mycha is running ( I can't spell the name of it) but it is mega bucks.
Sparkwig rates his Turbo Thomas system but again its mega bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I ran a VS on my split for a year or so then put VW Speedshop which released another 7hp and a fair bit more torque (can't remember exact number) oh it was the twin box set up so nice and quite but you as take the second box off if you wish.
I love it and will be putting one on my bay 👍🏻

Latest posts