£££££££££££ :(

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiplee123

Reaction score
Brought my bus end last year which wernt cheap
Since then I've purchased small bits indicator covers bumper steps etc
Bluebird rnr bed
Today was new full set of genuine door rubbers n some other bits (ouch)
Also been in contact with j & s upholstery for new bed foams covers n covers for front seats etc.
I was thinking ... How much have i spent already :shock:
N im only half way there
Its a bit addictive purchasing items but good cing yr bus coming along but an expensive game this lol

When we got our bus restored last year I started off keeping a spreadsheet of what was spent. Didn't take long for me to give it up as a bad idea :eek:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

jonboylaw said:
Never, ever, ever add it up, it will depress you, just remember any item costs £3.99 and not a penny more.. It makes it a lot easier...

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Excellent advice. Think about it this way. You're probably retaining some value if not increasing it and you're enjoying what you're doing.

Pump that money into a new car and you're sure to lose every penny plus some.

Dude, just ensure you have weekly deliveries from ebay, or one of the dub online parts shops and you will join the club of serial buyers , which the missus will always question 'WHERE DID YOU GET THAT FROM!!'

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

raveboy said:
Dude, just ensure you have weekly deliveries from ebay, or one of the dub online parts shops and you will join the club of serial buyers , which the missus will always question 'WHERE DID YOU GET THAT FROM!!'

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Mine gave in asking years ago lol :lol:

or do as i do.
wife..how much did that cost?
me.. only £40.00....(true cost £90.00)
wife..ok thats not bad..
me..phew
wife..(2 days later how much was that part again???? :evil:
me..ermm i think it was around £40.00...yes £40.00
wife..ok

by this time i start to belive it was £40.00 then start telling people yep i got it for a bargain price :D :D :D :D

Doesn't matter what I buy it alWays seems to cost me £120
Bought some bits door rubber, fly wheel clamp, clutch alignment tool, indicator covers figure 8 bars £126

Second hand awning £130

New Zig unit £128

That the past 3weeks

I too started a spreadsheet :shock: pointless really i just hope i dont loose to much money if i ever sell. Which i wont so it's academic really. :lol:

earl thebay said:
or do as i do.
wife..how much did that cost?
me.. only £40.00....(true cost £90.00)
wife..ok thats not bad..
me..phew
wife..(2 days later how much was that part again???? :evil:
me..ermm i think it was around £40.00...yes £40.00
wife..ok

by this time i start to belive it was £40.00 then start telling people yep i got it for a bargain price :D :D :D :D

:lol:

I drew up a spreadsheet when i got mine with a budget for everything that needed doing and put some money aside for the extra's.

Thats the thing about budgets. They are meant to be blown away and then disgarded.

But they are a hobby, hobbies cost so its all good.

I remind claire that i could be a crack addict :)

Iv'e spent that much on eBay and other online sites my post man want's me to be godfather to his kid's as he's here nearly every day.
Sometimes i forget why i actually bought some of the parts :?

Mark

Hhhmmmm I feel this is a tactic used in our house, the van has sprouted a new pair of window winders this week for ..... " a few quid" ?? :eek:

My wife has a horse, now that's an expensive hobby :? :?
At least she can't complain at my outgoings!!!! :)

I am finding a lot of the suff i have brought over time I have put back how it was and sold it!?

Sidestep...gone.
overriders...gone.
Madmatz....going soon and putting back OG rubber ones.
Vinyl floor going at some point, replaced with stock.
Mustard Vinyl seat covers.... WIP.
New roof liner...gone.
New sun visors... being replaced when ive fixed OG ones.
So, alot of what I have purchased has been wanked up the wall, and for the cost would have dropped it on spindles & rear Plates!
Not 100% on belt trim now.. :evil: Mmm two weeks polishing!!! :suicide:

"Some things are best left alone" is what I'm slowly learning!!!

Paul.. :roll:

Goes to back up the old phrase, and with humble appologies to members of the fairer sex,

'If it's got tits or wheels it'll cost you big time'

Could add to that, 'if it says VW on the packaging, double the price'

Wonder why I'm skint?

Alfa Romeo as a daily driver, '67 built/'68 model year bus for fun and I'm divorced,....you work it out.. :lol:

The worst bit is when you buy something, forget about it & then buy it again :evil:
OR as I'm finding out now, all that crap my Dad hoarded in the garage & shed is a bloody fortune now & I chucked loads of stuff away when we moved houses :eek: :cry: :evil:

Ah well, off to eBay next!!!! :lol:

I've had a spreadsheet from day 1, split into sections for replacement, accessories, rubber and panels, its don't hurt so much looking at each tab, and rarely view the main tab that pulls it all together. Im also that sad that I watch bits for ages to get an idea of price before buying so to me everything is a bargain if I get it cheaper than someone else paid.

New bus/bits owes me not much over 10K, at the mo the bus owes me about 2/3 and the shed the other 1/3 :lol:

Latest posts