112pcd to 205pcd

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayne

Reaction score
Help needed what is the best way to go from 112pcd to 205pcd as I want to run radars. any help would be great cheers Wayne

Swap your brakes (and spindles) with somebody with a '70 or earlier looking for a brake upgrade?

So could I put adapter on the front and put early rear drums on the back. Can I just change the drum or is the more to it?

Creative engineering do a late bay drum in 205pcd. Not cheap but easy.

Front end, a wide 5 disc kit is the way, but expensive. The early drum option is the cheapest.

creative have a 12 week waiting list for the drums

i have tried to get some they are based nearly on my doorstep

radars have an offset of et20 so if you ran adapters you would end up looking like carlos fandango and lunching ypur tyres on your arches. the only way is to change your set up to older early bay brakes then upgrade them to wide 5 disks. expensive :shock:
there are soooo many other rims out there that look awsome mate for the price of that upgrade you may aswell get some 17" fuch replicas and tyres for about £900 all in like on the t2d late bay.

...bugger :shock: ........last time this came up i thought to myself "must take a picture of the Van that comes to Dorset shows that runs adaptors and Randar/radars"....sure enough it was there at Holton Heath the other month.........and did I take a picture :roll:

.......................maybe some of the other Dorset people may have a picture.....I'm sure it is a red l8 bay......as you came into the show it was on the lhs of the track in the show and shine....

.....some year i will take a photo :lol:

I've just had to goggle Carlos Fandango, I must be too young :shock:
mini.jpg

Now I see..... I thought its was in a Queen song...

I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouche,scaramouche will you do the fandango-
Thunderbolt and lightning-very very frightening me-
Galileo,galileo,
Galileo galileo
Galileo figaro-magnifico-

anyway i've just fitted late bay discs and 205 adaptors and running 5.5" 356 porshce rep rims that have a big offset. Its doesnt look fandango to me.
100_0838.jpg

Looks more the dogs dangles :mrgreen: But then again I dont like the narrowed beam Commer van look :mrgreen:

Uber cool do you think that radars would will with adapters and could I redrill the rear drums to suit?

Even fitting Raders on a wide 5 drum is not easy, you have to change the hum castle nut for a T25 one, then you have to fit a 10mm adapter with extended wheel nuts and with 185/65/15 tyres you will have about 3mm of gap. Having done it to Windsurfers bus I would stick with the narrow 5 pattern and find a different wheel choice - Fuches, Empi 5's, BRM's or my favourite - Gasburners. With this the wheels should bolt straight on and you will keep your front disc set up.

Never fitted Radars, a nice wheel but seems to have a horrible offset ET20. rears could be fitted with adaptors, wouldn't re drill your hubs, isnt really possible. I wanted them for my old bus 112 PCD, tried all options , in the end gave up and fitted 112 PCD BRM's

Use a 5x130 Porsche wheel with an adaptor.

The 5x112 gas burners are ET6, that is bad!

Yep, so I know exactly how bad they are. If you have flat arches you will be in trouble.

DSCN2353.jpg

DSC00497.jpg

Tight as a gnats chuff. You won't get a rizzla between the arch & the 175/65x15 tyre. I had to pull the arch a little to get them on.

I have 6" Fuchs that need detailing that will be fitted with adaptors. I will sling the Burners on my Syncro, I don't care how much they stick out on that!

ET or Offset is how far from the centre line of the wheel the mounting face is in relation to the wheel. It's all about geometry, when cars are designed it's not possible to get the hubs, brakes etc directly in line with the centre of the wheel. The simple solution is to move the wheel mounting with offset. Hence a Radar has et20, so the centre mounting face is offset by 20mm, a gas burner is offset by 6mm. It really needs to be about 25-30 to make it sit right.

363px-Wheel2.JPG

Latest posts